Glock slide stop lever and take down video I made..

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Zeus
Killing Spree

Glock slide stop lever and take down video I made..

Post by Zeus »

I've got a friend that just bought his first gun ever, a Glock 21SF. He had some questions/concerns, so instead of trying to explain it to him over yahoo messenger, I just made the video. 8)

YouTube - Glock extended slide release lever
~E-8500 @ 3.5 | Xig S1283
~P5Q Pro | Asus 4850 TOP x2 CrossFireX
~4gb OCZ 6400 | 500gb Seagate 7200-11 32mb
~X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro | Corsair 650TX
~Antec Three Hundred | Scythe S-Flex SFF21D case fans x4
~Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 headphones

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: Glock slide stop lever and take down video I made..

Post by ru_exp »

Oh...okay. I actaully thought that you had the questions. Sweet video man. My first thought are that the kick from releasing the slide (shook the whole desk) was because your Glock 21 is newer than the Glock 20? Just guessing...

And another question is did that chrome (looking) slide release come as stock on the 20 or you did it by polishing off the finish? If you did it or your friend did it, then that could explain why it is so difficult to grip with your thumb. The surface area has been compromised from all the polishing.

Never the less...I agree with you about the extended slide release modification. Much easier to handle with sweaty hands or in a lot of humidity. I have the same on my SA XD 40 and .45.

Again, great job walking him through the break down and thumb slides. It is just not easy for some people.

Now...try this on your new video. Break down the Glock 21 blind folded and reassemble on a stop watch. SWEET!!!

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

There are those big sasquatch hands again! AHH!
No...

Zeus
Killing Spree

Post by Zeus »

ru_exp wrote:Oh...okay. I actaully thought that you had the questions. Sweet video man. My first thought are that the kick from releasing the slide (shook the whole desk) was because your Glock 21 is newer than the Glock 20? Just guessing...

And another question is did that chrome (looking) slide release come as stock on the 20 or you did it by polishing off the finish? If you did it or your friend did it, then that could explain why it is so difficult to grip with your thumb. The surface area has been compromised from all the polishing.

Never the less...I agree with you about the extended slide release modification. Much easier to handle with sweaty hands or in a lot of humidity. I have the same on my SA XD 40 and .45.

Again, great job walking him through the break down and thumb slides. It is just not easy for some people.

Now...try this on your new video. Break down the Glock 21 blind folded and reassemble on a stop watch. SWEET!!!
The kick shaking the desk is because my desk is a cheap stamped steel piece of shit and because I had to prop my camera up on a shaky cardboard box to get the right angle. I had my elbow resting on the desk, so releasing the slide transfered some of the energy to the desk. Both pistols were purchased within a month. And I polished both slide release levers. The finish had nothing to do with how hard it is to operate the slide release. The texture is the same smooth texture polished or not. The lever just didn't stick far enough off the frame to get a good grip on. Glock sells an extended slide release for just that reason. I just haven't bought one for the 20 yet. You can see it on the 21 though.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Yes...and I like it. Good job with both.

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

Where did you purchase the extended slide release? Online?

Zeus
Killing Spree

Post by Zeus »

Cornfed wrote:Where did you purchase the extended slide release? Online?
I bought it at a shop in town here. But they can be found pretty much anywhere online that sells Glock stuff. Lone Wolf, Glockmiester etc. Usually about $15.