Unjust Bannings

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Miasma

Unjust Bannings

Post by Miasma »

I was playing as DoomOmen earlier tonight and got banned when I made the sarcastic comment "Only the best players cheat. That's why I cheat." Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a cheater, so that's not even the issue. I don't need to defend myself about not being a cheater.

My friend Spooge was playing in there as well. When I got banned, he asked to have me unbanned because it was a joke. Then you changed your mind and decided the ban was for me using an alias. Papasmurf said whether I knew it was against the rules or not I was going to stay banned. Then he made a comment to the effect that the rules didn't apply to the admins.

I just want to say, that's a pretty pathetic way to run a server. You need to give people a warning first before throwing a ban at them. Being the only active, vanilla VCTF server, you should show a bit more responsibility than that. Also, if you actually want people to follow rules, you need to set the example by following them yourself.

My friend was also banned for defending me. I'm requesting both bans be removed immediately. If you don't want aliasing, fine, it's not a problem to use my actual name. I will be using the name Miasma.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Re: Unjust Bannings

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Cool.. Play with us in a week under a name you choose. The ban was simply a warning.

Thanks,
PapaSmurf
You just got knocked the smurf out!