Hello board !!!

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Re: Hello board !!!

Post by Variasaber »

AmozoN_2o8 wrote:Yeah, I was in Bania. I had full adren and got the invis from the bridge in the middle. I went up the `vator into there base, stle the flag, punched the nitrous, and blasted off the jump pad headed for my side of the map. I tried that combo twice thinking the first one was fluke and they got lucky on a pot shot. The second time, same round, same setup. Only I got drilled even sooner, I made it off the jump pad like 3 feet.
That's... very suspicious.

Getting shot going off those jumppads isn't much of a loss anyway though, they throw you to completely useless spots and usually make you fall far enough that you die if you don't land in the water. So it was between getting shot by an aimbot and dying, or falling to your death and losing a point because of it. *shrug*
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Cin

Post by Cin »

AmozoN_2o8 wrote:Now to get FAILSAUCE and Cintar to believe that I don't have it anymore.
Amozon, the label “botter” is not a term I throw around casually. By your own admission, you have clearly earned it.

I will tell you something I think you might have missed about this game; there is a lot of satisfaction in learning to play it well. Like life itself, it is a meritocratic game in which you advance through your own ability, learning and achievement. Practice; especially with those who are better than you, is directly rewarded by new skills for your tool box. Seeking out a single goal like how to move better, all while you are getting your ass kicked is hard to do, but it is rewarding when you reach your goal and then move on to the next one. Each new tool takes time to develop.

I have been playing UT in some form since 1999. At an average 2 hours per night, that is about 7,000+ hours of gaming. I would hope to better than you from all that effort, but do you know I am always still learning? For that matter, I still cannot drive a Bender up a wall or fly a Raptor with good judgment. But I am content in learning them in-time and among great players who already know how. I will ask people to teach me, but I assure you; I will not find a UT Bender hack or some type of Raptor auto-pilot compensate for my inabilities.

I recommend the same for you in UT, and in any worth while thing in life…

Cin

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Just gotta say, hi Cintar!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Damn fine first post Cin +rep

AmozoN_2o8
Rocket spammer

Post by AmozoN_2o8 »

I agree Cin. Having a multi bot totally sucked up my bag of skills. I had to rely on th bot, not skills. It is much more rewarding to beat someone straight up than to hack them. I realize how much people play and practice and that all that practice makes you a damn good shoe.

But believe me, please. The other night when BOYBUTTER (failsauce) was trying to get me banned and running his neck to the server, I WAS NOT CHEATING. I had already deleted the bot and re-installed UT.

Here is the deal. People, especially BOYBUTTER point out that I don't have the moves to be good enough to aim like that.
Practice; especially with those who are better than you, is directly rewarded by new skills for your tool box. Seeking out a single goal like how to move better, all while you are getting your ass kicked is hard to do, but it is rewarding when you reach your goal and then move on to the next one. Each new tool takes time to develop.
In my progression of learning and improvement, I have learned how to move better than when I started. I have also learned and honed my aiming skills a lot better than when I started. For a person of my skill level, I can move around pretty decent, and I can aim pretty decent. HOWEVER, I can't bounce around and move like Michael Jackson AND have killer aim at the same times. I can make really good shots, but I can't move to quick while doing it. At the same time, I can bounce around fairly well, but my aim goes to hell when I do.

As far as landing multiple shocks in a row? Whats so hard to believe about that? I can't do it every time but in certain terrain or setups, it is fairly easy to predict the recoil vector and delflection from a shock beam. I know Ive gotten drilled by 3 or 4 shocks in a row almost every round I play. So landing more than one shock in a row, in itself, is not a sign of botting.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

I just go in, and go invis suicide with demer, so if you like bouncin....tig has got your back...and the failsauce deal is starting to get old...JTLYK!!!!

Harry_Potter
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Harry_Potter »

rimmer59 wrote:...and the failsauce deal is starting to get old...JTLYK!!!!
Yeah, do something about it guys, I can't play and put up with shit, people threatening the clan, server, web an vent....JTLYK

and clear this out too, Does the CTC-VCTF server tolerates racism? yes or yes? Seems like people forgot about the rules.

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

well im not racist, i hate everyone equally...

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

WeedVulture wrote:well im not racist, i hate everyone equally...

I can vouch for this...WeedVulture and Vapor pretty much hate everything except each other. Go figure. :?: :? :?:

Seriously on racially charged stuff...I've seen some pretty crazy stuff thrown out there. There are a couple of people that like to throw this stuff around just to get a rise. I reiterate that it is inexcusable but I also accept that we are going to have the occasional "internetz thugz" living out there bully fantasies through their keyboard and flatscreen. I think the common stance is that it isn't really bannable until they go too far. Wow.

Too far show corresponds to who is the one offended and were they present. Koan: Is it really racist if the subject of your offense is not there to be offended?

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

ru_exp wrote:
WeedVulture wrote:well im not racist, i hate everyone equally...

I can vouch for this...WeedVulture and Vapor pretty much hate everything except each other. Go figure. :?: :? :?:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

ru_exp wrote:Seriously on racially charged stuff...I've seen some pretty crazy stuff thrown out there. There are a couple of people that like to throw this stuff around just to get a rise. I reiterate that it is inexcusable but I also accept that we are going to have the occasional "internetz thugz" living out there bully fantasies through their keyboard and flatscreen. I think the common stance is that it isn't really bannable until they go too far. Wow.

Too far show corresponds to who is the one offended and were they present. Koan: Is it really racist if the subject of your offense is not there to be offended?
NOT my stance. Most of you know that because of the Fusion situation. Racism is 1/2 the reason I don't play VCTF much here. When I do, I get harassed by the racist ASSHOLE, not FUN at all.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Reactivate your steam account Belta - lots of fun stuff to do there. PEDOSAUCE came in last night after the server filled up with good folks and we moved on. (I feel like I'm condoning what was done by being on when he is there...I'm weird that way) At least we did get in a couple good games before shitbag showed up. :D

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

WarDad71 wrote:Reactivate your steam account Belta - lots of fun stuff to do there. PEDOSAUCE came in last night after the server filled up with good folks and we moved on. (I feel like I'm condoning what was done by being on when he is there...I'm weird that way) At least we did get in a couple good games before shitbag showed up. :D
I was there, then I left and return in an hour to an almost (3 peeps) empty server. Within 1 forced map I fill the server, unfortunately he came right back.

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

Someone care to fill those of us in that aren't in the loop on the Failsauce drama that seems to be going around? Personally, I've never had an issue with him and I don't think he's anywhere near good enough to call a cheat. I would be interested to hear the whole story though, I only get bits and pieces thru the forums.

Why not just ban him if you don't like? Not like you really need a reason since you're paying for the server.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Because we "think" correct me if I'm wrong... he has been screwing with the server...and sometimes I think that we all need to get new names...and start a different server along with this 1.