just wondering about UT3

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

rusted
Flak monkey

just wondering about UT3

Post by rusted »

I recently did a clean install of win 7 64 bit. So I had to wipe all my programs, including UT2k4.
With this new os, and a clean compy, I'm thinking of trying UT3 again.
I played the demo when it came out a few years ago and did not like it. Too slow, too different, not as much fun. etc blah blah. I'm sure this is not a new topic.
UT2004 is still fun but it may be time for something new.
Anyone here play UT3?

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: just wondering about UT3

Post by Mr Bean »

State side the servers are completely dead... COMPLETELY! I popped on last night and could find anything. In Europe, players are scarce.

rusted
Flak monkey

Post by rusted »

so you think more players on 2004 than UT3?

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Without a doubt. It's really sad.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Check out this UT3 mod:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrMOErxyWzA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrMOErxyWzA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

There are a handful of decent mods out there (go to moddb.com) that are actually pretty fun for UT3. Of course I have an advantage of having others to play with in these things (my kids) but that zombie mod is fun even if doing single play. This video doesn't show all of the zombie types - some that fly in the air etc. that add to the challenge.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Heinz has more varieties of condiments than UT3 has players.

This is not an exaggeeration, either. Check gametracker.com around 8 or so p.m. PST and you will see there is typically 52-55 players. Perhaps it increases during other times, especially peak times for Europe, but for those in states (especially west coast) the game is dead. This is a shame since I don't mind the game and would play it if there was any semblance of a community.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

badasp wrote:Heinz has more varieties of condiments than UT3 has players.
wow your clever. must be that lawyer talk.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Yeah, unfortunate... One thing I really liked is that after you got used to it, most weapons were viable, vs. shock/lightning gun being the gotos. This made DM more fun imo.

Did you ever get my mod working? Not sure how you're playing these other ones but have an issue with mine as I pulled it right out of my install, where it works (and we had it running on the server).
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

Ghosted wrote:Yeah, unfortunate... One thing I really liked is that after you got used to it, most weapons were viable, vs. shock/lightning gun being the gotos. This made DM more fun imo.

Did you ever get my mod working? Not sure how you're playing these other ones but have an issue with mine as I pulled it right out of my install, where it works (and we had it running on the server).
stfu ur attempt to make ut3 playable failed...get over it

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I loved Ghosted's mod. It never got a fair shake as the community had already died down before he started it. I wish we could have gotted more use out of it.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Mr Bean wrote:I loved Ghosted's mod. It never got a fair shake as the community had already died down before he started it. I wish we could have gotted more use out of it.
If you guys wanted to give it another go - count me, eagle and maybe 2 others in.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

WarDad71 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I loved Ghosted's mod. It never got a fair shake as the community had already died down before he started it. I wish we could have gotted more use out of it.
If you guys wanted to give it another go - count me, eagle and maybe 2 others in.
likewise.

Make a ut3 day out of the week....if a server is still up.

rusted
Flak monkey

Post by rusted »

bummer about UT3, I may get it just to see how it runs on 64 bit.
But I havent installed either one yet. I get a lot more done when I dont have UT on my computer. . .