Clan Wars 2008!

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Clan Wars 2008!

Post by McShagger »

Clan Wars 2008 VCTF tournament will begin on the week of March 10 and will run till all matches are complete. This tournament is a friendly competition for clans only and the goal is to revive interest in VCTF for UT2k4. Each team will have 6 clan members and play all participating teams for best 2 out of 3.

Participating clans:
I will need a precise headcount of who will be participating from each clan. For those clans that do not have a full 6 man team, a 4th and possibly 5th team will be constructed from two clans.

So far it looks like the following clans are representing in this tournament:
XCG - Full 6 man team: Krazr, McShagger, Sinjyn, SchizmFear, Askep, Wartorn with Ripper, Kaoss, Noosh and Kudos as backup.
CTC - 4 players
KHz - Full 6 man team:
HOG - Full 6 man team:
Crush - 4 players
RGC - 2 players
Kush - 2 players

If this is how it maps out, we will have five 6-man teams.

MAPS: (Can be reselected, but for right now...)
Action City
Aggressive Alleys
Torlan
Lapse
Fat Jimmys Raceway
Zoned
Basically
Desert Combat v3pro
Binary Space
Roadkill
Submerged
A Next City
Death Trap

Please, let me know who will be participating.

Practice:
HOG always has people playing, so game it up!
CTC has a good server IP: 8.12.64.220:7777
XCG has a new VCTF server IP: 72.5.102.217:7777 password = xcg (lowercase)

Servers will be running UT Comp and Demo Rec Spectator so we can relive the matches. Looking forward to some great games everyone. Win or lose it will be fun.
Last edited by McShagger on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clan Wars 2008!

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I wanted to say that I think that's a great set of maps. I'm not remembering what Roadkill is off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen it. And Submerged is fun but it doesn't get played much so not many people may know what it is. All the others I think we ALL know and could run through them in our sleep.

Oh, I want to make sure that the UTcomp has hitsounds enabled. The CTC server has that. I'm still looking for the Demorec thing.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

McShagger wrote: XCG has a new VCTF server IP: 72.5.102.217:7777 password = xcg (lowercase)
McShagger,
I can't connect to the XCG server. I used the open command at the console with the above IP and got nothing. Is it up all the time or just sometimes? Also, I got the DemoRec thing... thanks. I'll be setting that up today or this weekend.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Ok, lets start getting this show on the road... It looks like we have 6 teams:
XCG - 6 man team (McShagger, Krazr, Sinjyn, SchismFear, Askep, Wartorn with Noosh, Commodus, Kaoss, Ripper and Kudos as backup.)
KHz - 6 man team
CTC - 6 man team with new recruits
HOG - 6 man team
RGC - 6 man team
NBS/Crush - 4 peeps and Kush 2-3 peeps will team up. /c will show this team below.

The 6 clans will be divided into two groups (shown below) and there will be 9 matches in all.

Gourp A: KHz, /c, RGC
Group B: XCG, HOG, CTC

Matches:
GROUP A
KHz v /c
KHz v RGC
/c v RGC
GROUP B
XCG v HOG
XCG v CTC
HOG v CTC

Finals:
Winner of Group A v Winner of Group B
Runner-up Group A v Runner-up Group B
Third Plc Group A v Third Plc Group B

We will start some of the matches next week and continue till the tournament is completed. All matches will be played on CTC and XCG servers... Please, help me organize your matches and contact CTC or XCG for times you would like the server locked down for your match. Demorec is on both servers and will be recording each match so you can watch after to see the whole battle from whatever view you wish... My goal is to have most of this done by the 17th and concentrate on the final matches the week of the 17th...

Donations - Just a reminder... support your clan or other participating clans with a small donation of $5-10 or more if you wish... :) Donations are not required, but participating members are encouraged to.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

UPDATE!

Looks like KHz has too many members moving this month and wont be able to participate... And I cant seem to organize the Crush members at this time... So, it looks like a 4 clan tournament.

HOG, XCG, CTC and RGC... Kush still has available members for backup...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

McShagger and everyone else,
The Clan Wars 2008 is a great idea but I think it needs a little more help with organization. To that end, I would like to propose that we vote on a few things, like time for the match, place and maps that we will play. I know it is hard to get a lot of people organized, especially spread across four time zones. I assume that most of us have jobs, family obligations, and what not to juggle as well. We also need a central location where all this information will be posted. We can do that on the XCG site, here, or on HOG. I propose the XCG site since McShagger got this whole ball rolling.

So, each clan needs a representative that can speak for their team and post responses to votes, team status, etc on the main forum post (wherever that may end up being). I will be that person for CTC. McShagger can be the contact for XCG, Demaun for HOG, etc.

So, the first thing I propose we do it suggest three or four days/times and put it to a vote.
My suggestion is:
Thursday March 20th, 6pm pacific time
I know this is a while off, but we just need a little more time to organize this thing.

I still like my initial idea of teams playing three maps, with the best out of three going to the next round. So, we should also vote on the three maps for the first round. Based on McShaggers map list (which I think is great and represents the best VCTF maps), i suggest

Aggressive Alleys Frag_BU
Fat Jimmy's Raceway
Basically

I feel that these are three good, well balanced VCTF maps, with only one being manta-run heavy.

Again, I don't want to stop on anyones toes here, and McShagger, I'm not trying to take this out of your hands. I just want to see it succeed and not die on the vine. Post your comments here and...

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

its all kool JimR... You are right... there needs to be one person in each clan to organize their own teams... its ok to reschedule times and whatnot if there is some notice in advance...

Central Location: Personally, I would like to keep central information either at HOG or CTC... More people are already members there.... at least I think... Most of XCG members have moved on to different games. That said, XCG clan members are still playing UT2k4.

MAPS: I think each team can pick one each and vote for a tie breaker.

Start date: Sooner the better for me.

Location: CTC or XCG servers... both are central and both have demorec spectator... I think I can get a couple of our clan members have volunteered to create video out of the demorecs. Plus, HOG is a place everyone goes to play and I wouldnt want to interrupt that play....

Anyway, everyones input is valued and this will be a good way to get things rolling... After this, we can plan a PUG or two... and then maybe another clan war where KHz and Crush could join in if they can... Lots of peeps still want to play VCTF... we just got to make it exciting as clans....

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

So, are we gonna get this going on the 20th? We could get two matches at the same time...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

McShagger wrote:So, are we gonna get this going on the 20th? We could get two matches at the same time...
I can do it on the 20th. I'll put the word out and see if anyone else can make it. CTC may still need one player to make us a six-man team. So far we have the following team:

JimRimya
SalChicha
MikeFiend
PapaSmurf
JudgeDreddLox
MudPuppet (?) or SuperStar (?) - I haven't heard from either one for sure

<{CTC}>VoidNull is MIA so we are short. Can you talk to the extra guys from the other clans (KUsh, Crush) and see if they can help us out?

And what's up with HOG, McShagger? It seems that they think most of XCG is banned... WTF! I've never seen any indication that anyone in XCG has botted or hacked. And I know you, Schism and Synjin are on there pretty regularly. At any rate, what are we going to do if the rest of your team is banned on HOG?

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

war , what war ? we're at war ?

lemme help , i got canned foods . thurs 3.20.8 i can do . pm /pt

i'd like a pair of them nifty <ctc> sneakers , if you all still have any , though . hmmm

wasn't sure you had slot still open . what happened to kronx playin ? k . shoot me a kite .

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Now it looks like I CANT do it on the 20th unless it's late in the evening like after 9pm pacific time. DAMNIT!

Anyway, Salchicha is having problems with his cable connection and his ping to the CTC and HOG servers is over 150ms. Not good for competition play.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:And what's up with HOG, McShagger? It seems that they think most of XCG is banned... WTF! I've never seen any indication that anyone in XCG has botted or hacked. And I know you, Schism and Synjin are on there pretty regularly. At any rate, what are we going to do if the rest of your team is banned on HOG?
I think HOG is still in... Im not sure what was going on there, but it was the actions of just one person there... Cant blame HOG for that...

Anyway, I think its best if we use CTC or XCG server for the events... Like I mentioned before, demorec will be very kool so you can watch to relive a good flag run, killing spree, where you failed or whatever... And like I said, I am going to see if someone from our team can make a video using highlights from the whole event...

Judge Dredd Lox

Post by Judge Dredd Lox »

I vote NOT to use the HOG server. (no offense HOGS) They run a ping compensator that TOTALLY SCREWS people with a low ping. It works NOTHING like lag. Let me repeat that, IT WORKS NOTHING LIKE LAG!!! At least with lag you have a constant lag, with the compensator it is consistantly changing throughout the game. Thats the only way I can describe it. This just gives the advantage to a higher ping and screws the lower ping which is a bad idea because most of the people there actually have a decent ping. (yes I've checked many times) There are many people there that I know I can beat but depending on how the compenstor is working at the time, sometimes I can't even touch them. It's like your playing in some sort of slow motion warp field.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Agreed JDL. What really pisses me off is hitscanning a manta is harder than hell, but for some reason, if I target the rider, I have no problems shooting them off... shooting the manta is harder than shooting the rider? LAM3!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Okay, so it looks like we are going to shoot for tomorrow (Tuesday) night for the first round. Post here if you can or cannot make it.