Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Full Time Gamer!

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Well I just found out today that I lost my Job and My wife also
lost her Job. We have This WARN thing were they have to give you 60 days
pay and benifits so it's like being on vacation for 2 months so I guess thats nice
But it's going to be hard to find another Job in the area fighting with a 1,000 people in
the area to find a job but maybe after the 2mo period we'll be able to find something then.

Now I can do those things in the house that I have been pushing off for months :D

cya Online.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: Full Time Gamer!

Post by Mr Bean »

Ouch! I hope you find something soon Gambit.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Really sorry to hear that Gambit. Almost everyone from my clan were finding themselves out of work. Thankfully, they got back on their feet and ran into the work they were looking for (for the most part). I am praying for the same for you and your wife.

[RGC]CrYsTaL
Killing Spree

Post by [RGC]CrYsTaL »

Oh nooo! I'm so sorry to hear that bad news, Gambit. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers in finding another job and within the next two month period, too! This economy bites lately. I had to take a cut in my work hours last year and no raise this year either. It sucks. :(

Keep your chins up and my best wishes to you both!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Oh bummer man! Yeah, keep your chins up and you'll find something.
Hang in there!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

First all Gambit, Godspeed and my prayers to finding yourself another career path. I was asked to layoff people yesterday and nixed it for right now.

It is a sign of the times and it will get worse before it gets better.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

This has been an epidemic with many friends. Guys who I thought would never lose or be out of a job etc. due to their assumed important roles at the workplace. Thoughts and prayers are with you Gambit and hope that you can get back in the saddle in a reasonable amount of time.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Sorry to hear the news Gambit. If there is anything I can do let me know. Time to network, network, network.

Not sure if you guys utilize LinkedIn or not, but it is sort of like Facebook for the workplace. If you are on it, PM me your email and I will add you to my contacts. If you want to add me, PM me and I will give you my email. This is an easy way to network with current/former co-workers.

http://www.linkedin.com/

MLK
Dominating

Post by MLK »

Hey guys, been gone awhile due to not really having a hard internet line. My company laid off about 150 people last month and are laying off 100 more within the next 2 weeks. This will be followed by massive "restructuring" of the company's strategy. My job is safe as the only competent and tech savvy graphic designer but it really sucks for some people. I bitched out a part-timer when after the first layoffs, I caught him cuddled up sleeping in the company's private theater....like no respect for the people who would kill to have a good job.

I guess my only advice is to work hard. But I know it can happen to anyone.
Good luck everyone.