BanHammer! Part2...

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Raijin

BanHammer! Part2...

Post by Raijin »

This topic has been locked just to keep flame wars from occurring. Now that you are a newly registered user, please feel free to PM me with anything that would help your case in our decision.
You must have me confused with some childish Xbox360 fanboy, flame wars is a waste of time. i just wanted to know what happened
To be honest, I don't really feel I need to justify my actions, but since you feel "admin abuse" took place, an explanation is in store. We have several rules here at CTC. I know you know them because you clearly stated your innocence next to each. Below is a list of recently used aliases on our server. Some reflect your name, others do not. We honestly haven't been enforcing the alias rule much as of late because most everyone has been very respectful. We have this rule in place to help others know who they are playing with and to build a better bond in the community. Friend or foe, knowing the name of your opponent is important to get a feel of who you are playing against. I am not going to defend this rule, just understand that those who pay for the server wish this to be the case. Those that donate money to run this server want to play with people who also respect CTC rules. Not everyone agrees that this is for the best, but the majority of individuals who play at CTC do so on a daily basis and know each other quite well. Friendship is important to us.
Ok, so you banned the other people too, right? i'm sure everyone at one point of time joined the server under a different name. i see voidnull with a new name all the time but we all always know its him by the Loly bind. so since you randomly started to enforce this rule i'm sure your going to enforce it on everyone and not just single out one person. even if they join the server today with they normal name...a simple mutate antitcc whois (blahblahblah) shows all their past names, so today alot of people should be banned if your banning people for alias used in the past like me getting banned for a name i used 5 days ago.
I'm tired of typing so I will be short. The name "uNbanKixXen!NOOBS!" is the one that grabbed my attention. First, I feel if Kixxen was banned from this server, making an alias to protest it is not quite the appropriate way to lift the ban. Second, some of your other aliases show your disdain for this server and I feel it is probably best for you to part ways.
From what i understand from that episode is, KixXen asked to be unbanned and when he asked someone(he never told me who said it)told him he makes the server "unfun" and they found a file that he "could of" hacked.Now in my opinion, next to being banned for being too good, that has to be the shitty excuse for banning someone. Its not like you saw him cheating with your own eyes.(even if you didn't demo it)Someone just thinks he hack so he was banned.
i didn't use the name to protest his ban i used it because i thought how all that when down was shady.
This topic has been locked just to keep flame wars from occurring. Now that you are a newly registered user, please feel free to PM me with anything that would help your case in our decision.
Now i was going to PM you all of this to keep away from a "flame war" but when i re-read your post...
As stated above, below is a list of some of your past aliases. Enjoy your walk through history as we bid you farewell.The other admins and myself will discuss the ban and determine the appropriate length of your leave.
Now, you CAN NOT tell me you said that line in a undisrespectful way, you want to prevent a "flame war" then don't talk shit out the side of your neck then lock the thread. i came to this forum respectful about my ban, i could of said "zOMG lik3 n00bz UnB@n m3 ! d0nt haxorz i juSt RaPez U Nubs"
I showed you respect, show me some.

as far as the comment itself "enjoy my pasted names".Am i supposed to feel ashamed of the names i used?
2k4 is dead and isnt as fun as it used to be, some people alias to hide who they really are but you must remember some people do it to get a little laugh out of it.
seeing "Raijin is on a killing spree" gets boring after awhile. where as *you was just killed by "A_Gun"* is semi funny and makes you smile or the classic *"your_GrandMa" is Godlike!*
its just something to make you laugh to some people. quit taking names so serious

Lt.Beefy

Re: BanHammer! Part2...

Post by Lt.Beefy »

To clarify, Vision Of Red removed Kixxen as soon as some_mate from VM brought this to our attention. We are no way associated with raijan either.

Odin
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Odin »

I honestly didn't realize that aliasing was bannable, especially since admins like Void do it constantly. It might have been an unfair banning and the admins might be pricks but even in your banned message it says to take care of the decision discreetly. Maybe if in that channel you were treated unfairly it might be ok to inform fellow players, but trying to incite a riot over every little perceived injustice won't get you anywhere. And you're out of shock ammo, use another weapon ffs.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

It didnt help that you called them NOobs either... With that attitude alone, I would ban you without any chance of an unban.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Raijin wrote: Now, you CAN NOT tell me you said that line in a undisrespectful way, you want to prevent a "flame war" then don't talk shit out the side of your neck then lock the thread. i came to this forum respectful about my ban, i could of said "zOMG lik3 n00bz UnB@n m3 ! d0nt haxorz i juSt RaPez U Nubs"
And wow, you ended up saying it anyway...

Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Odin wrote:I honestly didn't realize that aliasing was bannable, especially since admins like Void do it constantly. It might have been an unfair banning and the admins might be pricks but even in your banned message it says to take care of the decision discreetly. Maybe if in that channel you were treated unfairly it might be ok to inform fellow players, but trying to incite a riot over every little perceived injustice won't get you anywhere. And you're out of shock ammo, use another weapon ffs.
that is true, but i seriously wasn't trying to start anything.

and their is no other weapon then the shock rifle!
McShagger wrote:
Raijin wrote: Now, you CAN NOT tell me you said that line in a undisrespectful way, you want to prevent a "flame war" then don't talk shit out the side of your neck then lock the thread. i came to this forum respectful about my ban, i could of said "zOMG lik3 n00bz UnB@n m3 ! d0nt haxorz i juSt RaPez U Nubs"
And wow, you ended up saying it anyway...
Notice the "i could of said" before that sentence, also notice how i put the nerd/1337(w.e) sentence in quotations ("")

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

Yeah Raijin, you maybe should have just pm'ed Papa instead of this thread. I'll be honest bro, it's kind of hard for me to read a post like this and not get pissed off for you calling out a fellow CTC member...especially one of our admins. The guys here do an awesome job, and it's been quoted so many times on how well this server is managed and how great the admins are with the things that they do. That really is the bottom line. If you got banned, it was for a reason. In Void's defense, he doesn't use aliasing as a "tactic", which in my opinion is for fucking pussies. I use a different name from time-to-time for laughs as well. The difference is, everyone seems to be in the know about it...or at least they don't give a shit. I don't know, I guess if I were playing against you and you had 67 shock kills and the high score every map and weren't communicating, I'd be thinking, "Who the fuck is this guy that isn't talking to anyone?" I'd be a little apprehensive of you as well. Maybe try using the mic a little? Or say, " Nice shot!", or "Thanks for the link" or something like that more often? This is a community...a community of friends. I hope things work our for the best...

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Raijin wrote: Notice the "i could of said" before that sentence, also notice how i put the nerd/1337(w.e) sentence in quotations ("")
In other words, what you wanted to say... :roll:

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

To clarify what happened with Kixxen:
Kixxen was found on the VM server with some hack, detected by AntiTcc. I don't remember if it was a radar or an aimbot or what, but it was valid and he was banned from VM. I guess at the same time he left or was asked to leave VoR. I don't know the particulars about that, but he is no longer with VoR. So, someone who is a known hacker is going to get banned here, and that's what I did with Kixxen.

Regarding Raijin: You could have handled this differently. Yes, we don't like aliasers, but as you can see by your long list of names, we don't enforce it to harshly, and that's why we let you play here for so long. But you pushed it over the edge with this post and with some of your aliases. If you want your friend to be unbanned, you should have sent an email to an admin or a PM here so we could discuss it.

Thank you to everyone else for your support.
"The abyss gazes also into you"