CTC vs. HOG - New Thread

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

CTC vs. HOG - New Thread

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Based on input from the other thread, it seems that the following dates are options for CTC vs. HOG:

Thursday, April 10 at 7 pacific
Saturday April 12 (time unknown)
Sunday April 13 (time unknown)

Also, let's talk about what server we should do it on.
So, if we could get CTC and HOG members (and Judge and mudpuppet) to post in this thread and give their input as to what day is best, that would be great.

Thanks!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CTC vs. HOG - New Thread

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Okay, so I'll be the first to post. I can do it on any of those days EXCEPT for Saturday, unless we are done before 6pm-ish pacific time.
I also suggest that we do this on one of HOGs alternate servers.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I can do Thursday or Sunday as well. I would prefer Thursday though. I have added my vote to the mix. Next?

All hail the Beef!

Demaun

Post by Demaun »

I think we prefer thursday. I'll post it up though.
also: your server. A) we have infamous lag :roll: and b) we always have players on our server, and we'd have to interrupt them. Unless we went on shank or whiskey barn or any of the others - which, suprise, suprise, all ping the exact same as run (I don't actually think its the servers themselves, everytime i do a tracert, it shows a major kink in the line, but that's it)

{HOG}E-Monster

Post by {HOG}E-Monster »

If HOG needs the player I'm good for Thursday....that Sat or Sun is bad for me.

Oh by the way ...helloooo Jimmy and Sal glad too see you decided to go with an official "yes we really are a clan" site. :)

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Thanks E and good to see you as well! We really needed a place to share our BR maps and Jim did a great job setting up the whole site. It's funny to realize that something that was once an inside joke (Carpal Tunnel Clan) has more than the Original Idiots in it. We welcome all tonto's, bobo's and boludos as well!

Oh, it looks like Thursday is the number one choice. Hey, we're doing something here. Great job you guys!

All hail the Beef!

Judge Dredd Lox

Post by Judge Dredd Lox »

Thursday is good for me. Why not play on CTC server? I wouldn't mind playing on HOG's server IF they turn off the ping comp. I have been playing another server lately and have found that playing with 24 - 30 people with a ping around 100 that it is still more playable than a ping of 50 with 12 people when ping compensators are running. Do any of you notice this?

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Judge Dredd Lox wrote:Thursday is good for me. Why not play on CTC server? I wouldn't mind playing on HOG's server IF they turn off the ping comp. I have been playing another server lately and have found that playing with 24 - 30 people with a ping around 100 that it is still more playable than a ping of 50 with 12 people when ping compensators are running. Do any of you notice this?
Yeah, I forgot about this. I must say that I don't really notice anything different, though. I've found the CTC server to be a little laggy lately, and sometimes it crashes randomly. I don't like the company that hosts it so I plan to move it to a different host soon. We can play on whatever server.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Cool input so far. I thought I'd better post again, as my Saturday schedule has changed. Pending an invite to a local BBQ, I may not be able to do it Saturday at all. Everyone seems to be leaning towards Thursday anyway, which is fine.
Thanks again. Keep the comments coming!

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

Schedule loose right now , any day/ time , swell .
I've been having rough action on HOG serv , too , on and off last couple months .
Could be in-house , dunno . Good play there overall .

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

If you guys want, you can use the XCG server so you can get the demo recs... In fact, I insist... We plan on making a highlight video out of all the matches to promote VCTF... Just let us know when...

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

That sounds great to me Shag. I wanted to throw it out there but was a bit unsure. Thanks for the cool offer. This is what the VCTF community is all about. Right on.

All hail the Beef!

KrazR
Flak monkey

Post by KrazR »

Dang straight. Just let me know if you guys want to use it and get us a password we can use too so everyone knows that ahead of time ;)! As all of you know from our matches with you that was a pain in the ass...lol. But yeah let us know the date and time and we'll have it all setup for you no problem at all!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

It looks like I now CANNOT do it on Thursday of this week unless we start after 8pm pacific. Any other input, people?

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

Hey guys, what's up?

Thursday looks like the only do-able time for me. I'm a bit tied up this weekend actually. Hope to see you all there...M