Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Re: Green websites.

Post by mudpuppet »

Great post Judge ,

Ecogeek great info for sure .

Hopefully the consumer society becomes the " I can do it better , and cheaper" peeps , again .

What's good for the earth is good for the pocket book , short sight of convenience blurs that .

The present structure must be brought down , one consumer dollar at a time . We can do better , I know it .

People seem to defend the present system like it was a fucking religion , like they share in the profit , too fat and

happy , lazy to fight against the big shit being taking on their child's dinner plate . Fuck yeah , live it up , they

answer to no one when the circle gerk is on such a grand scale . And I am guilty all the time of it for sure .

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Hmmm... I just trashed more than a trash can load of electronics (Speakers, DVD player, computers, monitor, various adapters, power supplies, IC boards, remotes and phones) last nite.... was thinking that it could all be recycled somehow....

I have no clue why I kept any of that crap... even if the stuff that didnt work, worked, I wouldnt use it... The monitor worked fine, but it was an old 14"... worthless... the thing was bigger than my 32" TV... and about as big as my 19" CRT, which I would also trash, but then where would I put my POS printer.... Would love to trash that and get a new one...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Good sites, Judge.

I recently trashed a bunch of old electronics too. A church local to me was having an 'e-waste day' and they say that the stuff gets recycled correctly. They didn't charge a thing and they took 4 monitors, a bunch of old CD drives, ribbon cables, and some other misc computer crap. I don't know why I was holding on to that shit either, but now it is gone!
"The abyss gazes also into you"