Help! Re T2

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

actipper
Flak monkey

Help! Re T2

Post by actipper »

I've been out playing today and got my arse kicked all over the maps. I could do with some help if the offer still stands. I'm not going to be anyones prodigy; I'm too old to be quick enough and my kit is craptacular! However, I mean to carry on playing UT2K4.
Most of you it seems are from the USA and that means time zone problems. Also, I work and that causes problems as well.

Shockbait.
Rocket spammer

Re: Help! Re T2

Post by Shockbait. »

I'm free for the next 4 hours, but if you can't make that, and no one else hops up to it, I'll be free sunday all day.

xfire = offspring5k if you have xfire.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

PM me a time and I'll help you, I have practice maps for instant action, TS and access to CTC's private server.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

PM me....
*waits for laughter*

:P :P :P :P :P

Yegua-
Flak monkey

Post by Yegua- »

Im open to help, just drop me a pm.
Yegua » "yay-wall"

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

Throw me a pm...I'll be glad to help if I'm around

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

actipper wrote:I've been out playing today and got my arse kicked all over the maps. I could do with some help if the offer still stands. I'm not going to be anyones prodigy; I'm too old to be quick enough and my kit is craptacular! However, I mean to carry on playing UT2K4.
Most of you it seems are from the USA and that means time zone problems. Also, I work and that causes problems as well.
Well I am old and slow myself. I will be the big four-O on my next b-day. It's just a number to me though. :)

As you can see there are numerous people that are willing to help out. Since Belta is an admin, maybe we could get the ctc priv server one evening and just roll with it. You will have to share what you are looking to improve....map knowledge/strats, movement, aim, keyboard mapping, etc. People excel at different things so it is good to see a variety of views because everyone has their own way of doing things...

If we can't get a server for one reason or another, I would be more than happy to get one going....

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I'd be more than happy to help out as well, and of course we/you/whoever can use the private server. Just let us know a time and we'll all meet up and share some tips. We can get on the public vent too.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

trying to get good??

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

«ßîc»EJ` wrote:trying to get good??
Naw, I just need help to keep this game from being so addictive! Is there a UT anonymous?

actipper
Flak monkey

Re: Help.

Post by actipper »

Thank you all for the offers.
I've got a laptop (groans all round).
CPU 1.5Gig
RAM 512MB
15.4" X Black Screen (I can almost see the players on it. It's not a bad screen actually)
Graphics (rolls around laughing) Intel 915 GM, 128MB
Mouse Razor Deathadder.
I've been building a pc for a while now. It was almost there when some thieving bastard broke into my truck and stole a number of essential tools costing around $4600 to replace. It will get finished.....

I don't know most of the maps. Not much anyone can do about this. I've been looking at the more regularly played maps on empty servers when I can. A "most played" map list would be helpful.
I'm not a particularly good shot in UT, or AssaultCube. I have changed my mouse settings for UT
Win acceleration off
DPI 900
Polling Rate 1000Htz
Win Pointer Speed 6
Overall Sensitivity 4
x axis sensitivity 3
y axis sensitivity 0
regular buttons set at normal and alt fire
side buttons (4 set crouch, 5 set translocator)
If anyone has any reseting suggestions......?

Playing style. Fairly aggressive and totally reckless. Not a good team player at the moment, mainly because I don't know where everyone is or the fast routes from base to base.
My hands are not that flexible; I've had CTS in both hands and have had the opp done on both ( I laughed when I realised what the clan tag stood for) My work knocks the crap out of my hands.
However, I'm fairly quick despite all of the above. I can use the WASD keys, fire going backwards and I realise staying still is instant death. I'm not a sniper, haven't got the patience for it.
I don't make good use of the Shied Gun; something I see the more skillful players use a lot. I can't jump with it and despite numerous practice attempts, I can't seem to break my fall with it either ;(
I can't dodge jump.
I like to fight at close quarters so I use the Flack Cannon a lot. I'm reasonable with the Minigun at slow fire rate and I'm learning to make better use of the Shock Rifle.
I would like to learn better use of the Lightning Gun given it's damage capabilities if on target.
That will do for now. All helpful suggestions welcome :)

I'm hopeless at fighting Raptors, Mantors etc and wonder what weapon is best for taking out vehicles. I can drive but not particularly well. Knowing the maps helps. I don't have a favorite vehicle, mainly because I haven't played that much VCTF yet.
I'm in the UT stats now under ac_tipper which will give you some idea of how I've done so far.
Thank you all again.