Hello people

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

actipper
Flak monkey

Hello people

Post by actipper »

Hi, my name is actipper. I came across your site by chance through the Atari forum.
I downloaded one of your bombing run maps, without any great expectations to be honest, and was pleasantly surprised :)
I bought UT2004 about nine months ago on the recommendation of some people I play AssaultCube with. I haven't been playing pc games; or any other format for that matter, for much more than eighteen months or so. Computer games were not around when I was a kid.
Anyway, I found that UT2k4 was a fantastic game and bombing run became my favorite mode. I have played on line a little, but found that most players had been at it for so long that finding a level at which I could compete was virtually impossible :(
I play UT mostly off line now (gasps all round) and play AssaultCube online.
I'm pleased to find that some people are still interested in UT2k4 and that there is still an active community for this game. I was under the impression that most UT fans had moved on to UT2007 which imo isn't a patch on 2k4.
Good work people. I'm impressed by the maps. Best wishes to and for your clan.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello people

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, we're still here, playing mostly VCTF and a little BR from time to time. If we have an organized BR night sometime soon (been thinking about it), we'll send you a PM and hopefully you can make it.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

actipper
I have played on line a little, but found that most players had been at it for so long that finding a level at which I could compete was virtually impossible

VCTF maybe just for you, it has many positions to play and several that allow new players to score and play an active role in the outcome. Aside from that, we're willing to help you learn all the tricks asap. I'm sure you'll find a couple of fun positions in a week or 2.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Yeah Just stop in and play with us all sometime and we can also
do some BR too from time to time.....
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Hmmm, if CTC sponsored a BR night, maybe our long lost friend Karnegdon [DAM] would join us. :0

Edit: Forgot to add a "Hello & Welcome" to ACTipper.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I feel a BR night a brewing. That would be great! Welcome actripper to our humble little area. We have a map section on this site as well where you can get all of our BR maps. Try some VCTF as well!

All hail the Beef!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

-T2- wrote:Hmmm, if CTC sponsored a BR night, maybe our long lost friend Karnegdon [DAM] would join us. :0

Edit: Forgot to add a "Hello & Welcome" to ACTipper.
HEHE

crazyunclebobs BR server is still up. (His old hangout)

Karn changes games more than socks atm.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

actipper, keep at it... you will get better... We all have been there and most learn pretty quickly how to deal with much high level players, but they will still get pwnd... after time you will also learn how to take them down with notable efficiency.

And I agree, bombing run is great! Check out RGC. They often play bombing run. CTC should do a bombing run nite and promote that game type... I know they will be successful.

By the way, if you need some tips and pointers, come to http://www.xcgpro.com Join our forums.

[RGC]CrYsTaL
Killing Spree

Post by [RGC]CrYsTaL »

McShagger wrote:
And I agree, bombing run is great! Check out RGC. They often play bombing run. CTC should do a bombing run nite and promote that game type... I know they will be successful.
Hey thanks for the plug Shag! Everyone and anyone is welcome to come join us over at RGC for BR again now. I have put it back on the server for good!! We have both Zark w/trans and IG/w/o trans! I'd love to have you all come over and check us out!

Also, IF you guys here over at <-CTC-> ever do have a BR event, PLEASE post it in our forums cuz I'm sure lots of my clan members would show up for that one!! (especially me cuz I LOVE IT!) w00t!!! w00t!! w00t!!!

actipper
Flak monkey

Post by actipper »

Thanks for the welcome.
I hope to pluck up the courage to come and get my ass kicked on your server in the near future.
I see from your forums that the "cheat v skill" debate rolls on over here as well :( I admin a few servers in AssaultCube which is an open source platform so cheating and it's prevention is a major issue there.
I shall keep my eye on the site for news of BR games. If it's okay I would like to give a game a try; I'll be top notch frag bait for some one I expect.
Thanks again.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

Hello Tipper, Welcome to the Lair

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

Do come by actipper. I'm on the East coast, and am usually the only player on in the early afternoons and late mornings, so if you're in my time zone and need someone to help show you around the vctf mapping area, I'd be glad to! Oh, and just so you know, I'm not particularly good at bombing run myself, so if you see me palying, you have a target...lol. Welcome to our forums! See you soon...

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

8) Hi, welcome! Please come again!~
:lol: :wink:

actipper
Flak monkey

Post by actipper »

MikeFiend.
Unfortunately i have to work, and during the summer months, unless it's pissing down with rain, I'm normally working from around 0600 to 2100. However, as my recent games on this clans server and a couple of bombing runs show, I need all the help I can get :) I may have a day off tomorrow, site agent wants the fence line changed, so I'll check the server to see if you are around. Nice offer and I will try to take you up on it. You're around six hours behind GMt?

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

Yeah, just pop in when you feel the need. I was on this afternoon for a while and then some peeps came in. GMt? Not sure what that is...