OOges palace map

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

OOges palace map

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I uploaded a new map to the server tonight called Ooges Palace. I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion about it. Most everyone seemed to like it so... I'd like to take the other Ooges map off and have this replace it. Just a thought. Post your opinions here.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Re: OOges palace map

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Just delete the other ooges maps.. They are no longer needed. I have to say I am not a fan of playing DM maps when we are supposed to be playing VCTF.. This one really redeemed OOges for me. I really enjoyed playing it.

We talked a little bit about improvements that could be made. It would be nice to have a single manta that was in the center that you had to fight to get. Something hard to get to, but worth it. I would love to see a raptor for the outside or something.. Even without any modifications, I really enjoyed the map. Great find Jim! If you find the mapmakers name embedded somewhere, let me know. I would like to send him/her a thank you for finally getting it right!
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

To be very clear... GET RID OF THE OTHER OOGES MAPS! :D
You just got knocked the smurf out!

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

I like the old , not to fond of new .
I get my fix elsewhere , np .
Just new one "lagged" way to much on my box to be able to hit anything .
Like the layout alot , though .

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Perhaps a way to fix that lag would be to enclose those rooms and not have an outside that you can see. I like the side routes but they can be optimized for the computer power impaired. Generally like it better than the orig.

All hail the Beef!

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Sal
Perhaps a way to fix that lag would be to enclose those rooms and not have an outside that you can see.
On it.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

old one... why do you guys persist in changing existing maps that are already good as they are? Now, if there is a map that isnt good as they are, for example, aardvark, then go ahead and make improvements... But other than that, spend your time with new maps... And STOP FUCKING UP GOOD MAPS!

BTW, there are others Im sure, but Little Wingman needs to be replaced with the original.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

Beltamaxx wrote:Sal
Perhaps a way to fix that lag would be to enclose those rooms and not have an outside that you can see.
On it.
if your implying your going to edit the map yourself i would stop and let the author do it.

i like the original ooges, so having the olcshcool (not the vomit inducing 08 version) on the server along with this one isnt a bad thing. its different enough to warrent keeping the old one. unlike maps like aardvarklaunch and then aardfarklaunch which are vitrually identical...
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

McShagger wrote:old one... why do you guys persist in changing existing maps that are already good as they are? Now, if there is a map that isnt good as they are, for example, aardvark, then go ahead and make improvements... But other than that, spend your time with new maps... And STOP FUCKING UP GOOD MAPS!

BTW, there are others Im sure, but Little Wingman needs to be replaced with the original.
Ooges Palace was done by somebody in Europe.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

McShagger wrote:old one... why do you guys persist in changing existing maps that are already good as they are? Now, if there is a map that isnt good as they are, for example, aardvark, then go ahead and make improvements... But other than that, spend your time with new maps... And STOP FUCKING UP GOOD MAPS!

some maps can be changed for the better, most are fine they way they are. but when you look at this map, and then the old one, it tried to expand on that good thing. most of the time people simply just update a map visually by throwing a bunch of new textures on it and saying its a new map.

oogesfunmap and oogesfunmap 08 is an example.

when comparing it to oogespalace, it gets an expanded outside, redone weapons and a NICE visual update. weather or it works with the expansions is up to opinions and preference. original maps are great, but lets face it, vctf doesnt exactly attract epic original maps, so if a map can be altered to give it some new gameplay elements, who's to argue. i kinda wish you had spoken up like this back in the days of BEL when ruff was doing nothing but putting green textures on every map and calling them new.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

CTC-BigBanana

Post by CTC-BigBanana »

McShagger
STOP FUCKING UP GOOD MAPS!
Can you speak up a bit? I'm hard of hearing....lol.

McShagger
why do you guys persist in changing existing maps that are already good as they are?
Why do you persist to whine whine whine, you remind me of my Sexy Lady Ethal when she needs some BIG BANANA!! Ju needs some BIG BANANA?....he he.
Attachments
kiss2.jpg
Sexy Ethal
(12.28 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Last edited by CTC-BigBanana on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

cool map

CTC-BigBanana

Post by CTC-BigBanana »

EJ
wrong, try again :lol:

Hmmmmm, by the way pirates defending it (out of character), I would guess Lazy or Phage is the author.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

BigBanana
Hmmmmm, by the way pirates defending it (out of character), I would guess Lazy or Phage is the author.
Heh, yeah that is out of character, hmmmmmm.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I'd say just keep them both on for now till further notice.
I liked the new one, more open space with the xtra rooms.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!