True life...The Wrestler

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

ru_exp
Cock-docker

True life...The Wrestler

Post by ru_exp »

I grew up in Florida watching wrestling every chance I got. Loved it as a kid. My first heroes was Thnuderbolt Patterson and Dusty Rhodes. Later on I got to love the Ric Flair that is now infamous. This article is an example of how we should never peer to deeply into the lives of our heroes...just sad:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/689 ... -real-life

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Re: True life...The Wrestler

Post by WarDad71 »

I'm in the same boat with you RU...I remember watching wrestling with my dad growing up...the Von Erichs, Ric Flair etc. I remember one vivid match with the Von Erichs where the "iron claw" was used on a guys head and "blood" began oozing out of his forehead...Been watching some of the stuff on Netflix: Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Mankind (real family guy...if you get a chance to see his, I recommend it) and some others...very interesting to see the people behind the acting. Ric Flair always put a smile on my face with his gigantic ego.

Sounds like he had issues separating the fictional world from the non fictional or maybe just wanted to live in the fictional 24/7 for whatever reasons.

WOOO!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I spent my teenage years in Charlotte where it seems like most of the pro wrestlers resided in the 80's. I think it was like 1992 when I was seeing a friend off at the airport and Rick Flair was there. Apparently his flight had a one hour delay and was just reelin' into the ticket agent who had nothing to do with the delay... she just sells tickets. Pretty much everybody at the airport thought he was an asshole. I'm sure his ex-wives had a pretty good reason for their behavior.

Trailboss3
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Trailboss3 »