VCTF-Galliard-RC1

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Whoever
Rocket spammer

VCTF-Galliard-RC1

Post by Whoever »

Download map here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oms03p

Wasn't sure about posting in this section, but Beltamaxx said this was the place. In any case, this map just made it onto the server, and I'm looking for feedback before everything is finalized. Galliard is a small map influenced by Evergreen's BSP creations. You can cap on foot or with a manta. It's got some especially decent bot pathing, they use all the vehicles and will attempt to cap in multiple ways.

Helpful Shortcut 1: The jumppads on the floor usually send you forward, but you can hold the opposite direction and land on the upper platforms, as long as you time your double jump.

Helpful Shortcut 2: If you're trying to escape on foot, you can climb this block with a dodge-jump into a shield boost. It's easiest with berserk or speed, but even without it's still possible.

Feedback Questions
-------------------------

1. I don't know if manta runs are too easy or not - from testing, they can grab the flag and get out of sight really fast. I'd like to know if you think they're OK as-is, should be made harder with some obstacles around the flag, or removed entirely.

2. Weapon Balance - The lightning gun used to only be on the sniper rooms up top, but since you couldn't do anything against people camping up there, I added it to some of the starter lockers too. Since the map is pretty wide open, I find it personally too lightning-heavy now, but I'm open to opinions.

3. For the final, I'm considering either a neutral scorpion or an escape scorpion on the upper level of each base, near the elevator that's adjacent to the flag.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-Galliard-RC1

Post by Mr Bean »

Whoever wrote:3. For the final, I'm considering either a neutral scorpion or an escape scorpion on the upper level of each base, near the elevator that's adjacent to the flag.
I played this map several times yesterday. I was thinking the same thing... a getaway car. BTW, very nice work. I was really impressed.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

this on the server?? if not i demand it 8)

looks very good bro, keep up the great mapping !!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

«ßîc»EJ` wrote:this on the server?? if not i demand it 8)

Hey EJ. Yeah, it's on the server. I agree with you, it's pretty dang good. See you tonight bro.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

Mr Bean wrote:
«ßîc»EJ` wrote:this on the server?? if not i demand it 8)

Hey EJ. Yeah, it's on the server. I agree with you, it's pretty dang good. See you tonight bro.
cool, yup see you later.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

i totally thought this was a new map, untill i played it today i remembered how much i hate it :lol:

v0idNull
Holy sh*t!

Post by v0idNull »

Constructive criticism at its best.
loving this clan run by morans!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

«ßîc»EJ` wrote:i totally thought this was a new map, untill i played it today i remembered how much i hate it :lol:
LOL!! You don't like to hold back, do ya EJ?

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

Mr Bean wrote:
«ßîc»EJ` wrote:i totally thought this was a new map, untill i played it today i remembered how much i hate it :lol:
LOL!! You don't like to hold back, do ya EJ?
never ever, i speak my mind...

Whoever
Rocket spammer

Post by Whoever »

It's insightful, thought-provoking feedback like this which is every mapmaker's dream. Your nuanced, constructive feedback will surely help the map become a better product for the final release. Sure, spelling and grammar may not be your forte, but your innovative views on game balance and level design shine through. Bless you for allowing us all to simply bask in your presence and receive your bountiful wisdom.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Whoever
It's insightful, thought-provoking feedback like this which is every mapmaker's dream. Your nuanced, constructive feedback will surely help the map become a better product for the final release. Sure, spelling and grammar may not be your forte, but your innovative views on game balance and level design shine through. Bless you for allowing us all to simply bask in your presence and receive your bountiful wisdom.
ROFL, your gonna make his head spin.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Ej- you can tell that your remarks are somewhat vague by the thread below yours. What do you hate about it? How can it be made better?

Whoever- Don't get discouraged. I have spent plenty of time working on maps and you just can't please everyone. I like your map, btw. I've only played it once so I can't really give you much constructive criticism. I'm just happy that others are willing to share their work and add to the breadth of the VCTF community.

I say: "keep going in that way."

All hail the Beef!

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:Ej- you can tell that your remarks are somewhat vague by the thread below yours. What do you hate about it? How can it be made better?

Whoever- Don't get discouraged. I have spent plenty of time working on maps and you just can't please everyone. I like your map, btw. I've only played it once so I can't really give you much constructive criticism. I'm just happy that others are willing to share their work and add to the breadth of the VCTF community.

I say: "keep going in that way."
I'll second that on all levels.
I would like to give feedback on the map but I don't think I have played it yet.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

ok, for starters I am a foot runner obv. there isnt much i can do on this map besides DM and well that gets very boring, if you could possibly throw in some more jump pads that reach a foot runner to a farther place other than right in there base that would be alot better. I just think you need to allow the foot runners to have fun as well seeing how im getting very sick of manta run maps. Ill give more feed back after i play it again, sorry if my post felt like i was being an ass because i wasnt trying to be one. Its a remake, i thought this was a new map after all.

NinjaX53

Post by NinjaX53 »

«ßîc»EJ` wrote:ok, for starters I am a foot runner obv. there isnt much i can do on this map besides DM and well that gets very boring, if you could possibly throw in some more jump pads that reach a foot runner to a farther place other than right in there base that would be alot better. I just think you need to allow the foot runners to have fun as well seeing how im getting very sick of manta run maps. Ill give more feed back after i play it again, sorry if my post felt like i was being an ass because i wasnt trying to be one. Its a remake, i thought this was a new map after all.

So you are a jump pad runner? 8)