Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

MacLeod
Flak monkey

CarBall 3 Released!

Post by MacLeod »

http://carball.net/

Poster: HoMeRS}i{MpSoN Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:17 am

The moment is finally here. After many, many long months we are pleased to announce the formal "release" of CarBall 3 for UT3. Download it here! We are making the current version, CarBall 3.0 RC3 available for everyone. The mod is far from done, however we feel that it is to a point where it is fun and fully playable. Please report any issues you find here. We are working at getting a bug tracking system up, but for now continue to post to the forums. I am also working on putting together a manual like we had for CB2. It is almost ready, and a link will be place on the main page soon.

For those of you who are CarBall 2 veterans, please keep in mind that that is not CarBall for UT2k4 version 3. This mod has been completely re-written from the ground up to take advantage of the UT3 engine, which is VASTLY different than the Unreal 2 engine. If you have played Warfare or VCTF in UT3, you will know that vehicle handling is very different than it UT2k4, and has a much more realistic feel.

I have also set a new area where all the CarBall related downloads and installer packages can be found. You can get to this quickly from the front page by clicking the "Files" link.

To go along with the occasion, I have put together a new CarBall 3 theme for the site, including our new logo and slogan. If you prefer the old look, you can revert to the CB2 theme using the user control panel. As always, we welcome any suggestions or comments you might have. Always remember that no matter what it is just a game!

The following maps are also included in the 3.0 Installation Packages:

CB-Corral
CentralPark
FoosBall
IceArena
IndoorArena
Juego-de-Pelota

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Re: CarBall 3 Released!

Post by lil Sin »

i think i like taking screen shots of you guys since i suck so bad :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

That's great news. Thanks for sharing the info Mac :D I can't wait to test it out.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Now ghosted has to get that for his server....... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

x-GAMBIT-x wrote:Now ghosted has to get that for his server....... :mrgreen:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I just played around with it. It acually feels pretty good. The inital jump is faster than I am used to, but no big deal. Still needs sound effects too. Nevertheless, it's impressive progress. Again, it would be great if Ghosted could incorperate this in his server somehow.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

lil Sin wrote:i think i like taking screen shots of you guys since i suck so bad :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Its brand new, we all will suck =)
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye