Bot Posting

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

-Id- iot
Dominating

Bot Posting

Post by -Id- iot »

Require an image verification during registration. Problem solved.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: Bot Posting

Post by ru_exp »

-Id-

has spoken you worms!

:!:

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Unfortunately the CAPTCHA in this forums doesn't work that well (look it up, bitches!)
But I think I'll implement it anyway. Fucken Russians!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I've set up the CAPTCHA, but I might require all new users to be verified by an Admin. This is getting outta hand.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:but I might require all new users to be verified by an Admin
I thought you already had it setup that way. There was a player named James_Bradley or Bradley_James that was going to PM me so we could setup up a time that I could train him, and he said that he still hasn't been verified.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

-Id- wrote:I thought you already had it setup that way. There was a player named James_Bradley or Bradley_James that was going to PM me so we could setup up a time that I could train him, and he said that he still hasn't been verified.
Nope. The system always has sent an email with a link that you have to follow the verify your registration, so you do it yourself (like most other forums out there). Most likely, he didn't enter a valid email address, or he did and it went into his spamtrap. The forums will still work like this, but now there is the added CAPTCHA.

The forum gets tens if not hundreds of bull shit users that never follow through with the email confirmation, and they never get activated. This makes it hard for me to search for his name in the unactivated list. Have him try it again, and make sure he gets the self-verification email and clicks on the link.