Favorite maps

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Re: Favorite maps

Post by vapor »

o also, since im assuming your asking this to get ideas for maps your making. I prefer more natural ground, with ridges and bumps like on frontline, makes it a little easier to avoid avrils and pick up dropped flags with a manta

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

vapor wrote:o also, since im assuming your asking this to get ideas for maps your making. I prefer more natural ground, with ridges and bumps like on frontline, makes it a little easier to avoid avrils and pick up dropped flags with a manta
Wrong assumption, but good to know, thanks.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

vapor wrote:o also, since im assuming your asking this to get ideas for maps your making. I prefer more natural ground, with ridges and bumps like on frontline, makes it a little easier to avoid avrils and pick up dropped flags with a manta
I've had a map in mind for a while called 'Trench Warfare'.

It basically takes a cue from frontline, except instead of the explosive barbed wire being just on the sides, it's also on the top of a good portion of trenches. Exploding barrels would be placed around liberally.

The trenches are a little higher than a bender and wide enough to accomidate vehicles.

The feel of the map would be somewhat claustrophic as you could either stay in the trenches and have limited range/high vulnerability to splash damage or you could go/fly above where there would innevitably be hitscanners/gunners waiting to pick you off. Manta runs would be high tension affairs.

Beyond that, the barbed wire/barrels are ripe for emergent teamkilling gameplay which, to be honest, is really what made frontline the raging success it is now.

Does this sound interesting to any of our mappers? What if it was 'commissioned'?
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

well as long as were suggesting maps.

Would any mapper be intrested in making one with just consussion rifles. Thats the shock rifle that sends ppl flying. I think it would be intresting strategy wise, since you could shoot teamates towards the other teams flag, and playing d would be different since you would have to play where you dont shoot him back to his own side. Plus the added fun of just teamkilling.

this takes precedence over ghosteds idea, because im more awesome and this map would be far more ridiculous.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

vapor wrote:well as long as were suggesting maps.

Would any mapper be intrested in making one with just consussion rifles. Thats the shock rifle that sends ppl flying. I think it would be intresting strategy wise, since you could shoot teamates towards the other teams flag, and playing d would be different since you would have to play where you dont shoot him back to his own side. Plus the added fun of just teamkilling.

this takes precedence over ghosteds idea, because im more awesome and this map would be far more ridiculous.
Wrong thread & section.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Ghosted wrote:
I've had a map in mind for a while called 'Trench Warfare'.

It basically takes a cue from frontline, except instead of the explosive barbed wire being just on the sides, it's also on the top of a good portion of trenches. Exploding barrels would be placed around liberally.

The trenches are a little higher than a bender and wide enough to accomidate vehicles.

The feel of the map would be somewhat claustrophic as you could either stay in the trenches and have limited range/high vulnerability to splash damage or you could go/fly above where there would innevitably be hitscanners/gunners waiting to pick you off. Manta runs would be high tension affairs.

Beyond that, the barbed wire/barrels are ripe for emergent teamkilling gameplay which, to be honest, is really what made frontline the raging success it is now.

Does this sound interesting to any of our mappers? What if it was 'commissioned'?
I just came.......two times......and undoubtedly will wake up thinking about this map.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

Beltamaxx wrote:
vapor wrote:well as long as were suggesting maps.

Wrong thread & section.
no you can just change the thread title to and stuff, that keeps it on topic

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

I like that one map that that guy made a while back. He's good.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

That is one of my favorite maps as well Mike. Good choice, love the layout.

All hail the Beef!