Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Re: OOges palace map

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

CTC-BigBanana wrote:EJ
wrong, try again :lol:

Hmmmmm, by the way pirates defending it (out of character), I would guess Lazy or Phage is the author.
i havent played it, so im neither defending nor praising... well, praising for doing something OTHER than a simple re-texture. its not really out of character either, if you'll remember on vctf.com i first criticized maps constructively... it was everyones passive attitude that ended me up just screaming "shitsux"... because they obviously didnt care about what was being said.

the map LOOKS good, and thats about all i can say for it now.

any defense of it is because i like the original ooges quite a bit. and am anxious to see how this one is.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

CTC-BigBanana

Post by CTC-BigBanana »

Lazy
it was everyones passive attitude that ended me up just screaming "shitsux"... because they obviously didnt care about what was being said
Heh, well then they deserve to be told their map SUX.... :lol: .

v0idNull
Holy sh*t!

Post by v0idNull »

CTC-BigBanana wrote:McShagger
STOP FUCKING UP GOOD MAPS!
Can you speak up a bit? I'm hard of hearing....lol.

McShagger
why do you guys persist in changing existing maps that are already good as they are?
Why do you persist to whine whine whine, you remind me of my Sexy Lady Ethal when she needs some BIG BANANA!! Ju needs some BIG BANANA?....he he.
1. Who are you?
2. Why do you have the "CTC-" prefix on.
3. Who are you?
4. Remove the huge sig.
kthx.

Edit: nvm your that monkey mascot from that old clan lol.
loving this clan run by morans!

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Honestly, all the ooges versions arent vctf. THerse 1 vehicle in there, and you cant even drive it around all that much.
1 version would be enough. Or limit all maps with revisions to 2.

EX: the 1a map with the teleporter/emptied subway cars only needs 1 version, as the only real difference are the visuals.

Also, terrain is REALLY EASY to make. Need mroe maps with terrain. Levels were more complex in UT1 than the box levels showing up.

CTC-something is the only recent terrain level i can think of.(really like it btw)

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Ooges Palace is a great upgrade, bravo to the author, whoever he is.... :wink: . Just please optimize asap.

Please delete the rest.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

SMR wrote:Honestly, all the ooges versions arent vctf. THerse 1 vehicle in there, and you cant even drive it around all that much.

EX: the 1a map with the teleporter/emptied subway cars only needs 1 version, as the only real difference are the visuals.

Also, terrain is REALLY EASY to make. Need mroe maps with terrain. Levels were more complex in UT1 than the box levels showing up.

CTC-something is the only recent terrain level i can think of.(really like it btw)
so whats the minimum number of vehicles that need to be in a map for it be vctf?

also maps with too many vehicles arent really vctf maps either.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Lazy.Pirate wrote:
SMR wrote:Honestly, all the ooges versions arent vctf. THerse 1 vehicle in there, and you cant even drive it around all that much.

so whats the minimum number of vehicles that need to be in a map for it be vctf?

also maps with too many vehicles arent really vctf maps either.
Im ok with one vehicle per team, but the bender hardly goes mobile. 90% of the time, its only use is to spam shock combos from its spawn point. If you want to see a good balance for vctf, I'd say look at backbone. Although, thats just my opinion. Some people may actually think intensebone is the end all be all. Aside from that, the level for the most part is too small for the amount of players on the server. I can see why some people like it though.

I really wouldnt mind seeing CTF levels on the server, I think thats how the game was meant ot be played (less adrenaline maybe, im a ut1er) If it only takes one blockaded vehicle per team to get people to play it, theres a lot more levels out there that look/play better.(opinion)

{HOG}X_x-G-DuByA-x_X
Flak monkey

Post by {HOG}X_x-G-DuByA-x_X »

does Magis-FunMap fall into the ooges catagory? because i actually think its pretty sweet
{HOG}ºG-ÐÛBŸÅ