About fucking time

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: About fucking time

Post by Beltamaxx »

I love this, multiple opinions & links will give the reader an opportunity to make an educated decision. My work is done, ty Corn, couldn't do it without you. :D

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

Beltamaxx wrote:I love this, multiple opinions & links will give the reader an opportunity to make an educated decision. My work is done, ty Corn, couldn't do it without you. :D
Huh? :)

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Cornfed wrote:
Beltamaxx wrote:I love this, multiple opinions & links will give the reader an opportunity to make an educated decision. My work is done, ty Corn, couldn't do it without you. :D
Huh? :)
Love you corn. :wink:

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

This was in today's Key West Citizen paper.

Sigh :(

Florida Keys residents may be breathing a collective sigh of relief now that the Deepwater Horizon oil
spill has been capped, but the threat of oil reaching local shores is far from over, as there is a new threat looming. A foreign oil company plans to drill off Cuba, just 60 miles south of Key West, the Wall Street Journal has quoted Repsol spokeswoman Maria Ritter as saying.
Florida Sen. Bill Nelson in May sent President Barack Obama a letter stating he was “greatly concerned by reports that Spanish oil giant Repsol has contracted with a unit of Italian oil company Eni SpA to operate an exploratory rig off of Cuba’s northwest shores.”
Cuba’s state-run oil company, Cubapetroleo, continues to lease individual exploration areas to foreign oil companies in both the Florida Straits and Gulf of Mexico, said Nelson, DFla. To date, Cuba has leased 17 of 59 areas to oil and gas companies based in Spain, Norway, India, Malaysia, Venezuela, Vietnam and Brazil, Nelson said. There are also reports that Cuba is negotiating a lease with Spanish firm and plans exploratory drilling

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

:shock: , they just don't learn.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I remember hearing (haven't looked into this in a while) that the energy spent getting oil out of shale can sometimes (based on how much sand is mixed with the crude) be more than what's being extracted. For example, it takes 10 barrels of oil to get 9 out of the shale (or some shit like that)

I agree that nuclear power is the only long-term future option. The corn/ethanol shit that started a couple years ago is just short sighted and stupid.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:I remember hearing (haven't looked into this in a while) that the energy spent getting oil out of shale can sometimes
I saw a show were they were using steam injection to extract oil from sands in Alberta, CA. they said that oil had to be above $40 a barrel to make a profit.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Wow. Was it Bp?

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

"We don't have proper oil cleanup materials, so our workers are wearing rubber gloves and using chopsticks," an official with the Jinshitan Golden Beach Administration Committee told the Beijing Youth Daily newspaper, in apparent exasperation.

the fuck?

rusted
Flak monkey

Post by rusted »

I grew up in Pensacola, FL so I hate to see the famous "sugar white sand" beaches that are now stained brown. Will BP turn fully restore that too? I doubt it.
Now I'm in CO - where oil shale drilling & exploration is on the rise, btw.