LeBron's a cunt

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Deathstrike
Dominating

Re: LeBron's a cunt

Post by Deathstrike »

Easy. Go looking for people who want the title. Look at what happened with the Lakers a few years ago. Got Malone, Richmond, etc for nothing. Although they did not contribute much there are players that are willing to forgo the money for the title.

Among veterans who potentially could be added at the minimum level this offseason are Raja Bell, Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Devean George, Brian Skinner, Damien Wilkins, Trenton Hassell, Jarvis Hayes, Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling, Eddie House, Etan Thomas, Brad Miller, and Ime Udoka.

They just got Mike Miller, who chose Miami over LA. Personally, I would have saved money and got a Raja Bell, Flip Murray, or Ime Udoka. Then use the money on the C position...

I would say this isn't a bad combinaton:
PG – Mario Chalmers / Jason Williams
SG – Dwayne Wade / Mike Miller
SF – LeBron James / Matt Barnes
PF – Chris Bosh
C – Brad Miller / Zydrunas Ilgauskas
vapor wrote:Dubya would you even consider staying in cleveland if you were in his situation.

His team is absolutely terrible and management over the past couple years have failed to surround him with any talent. Plus who in their right mind would live in cleveland when they can hang out on south beach.

Im courious how this will work though since they can only fill depth with scrubs.
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

WarDad71 wrote:Image

WARDAD...I CLICK ON THIS LINK ON GOT OF THE WORST TROJAN INFECTIONS EVER...MY WORK COMPUTER WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE WIPED CLEAN. wtf!!!

Probably not your fault...it was the AV Antivirus pop up virus/trojan. I have a roaming profile but for right now I am totally screwed.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

ru_exp wrote:

WARDAD...I CLICKED ON THIS LINK & GOT ONE OF THE WORST TROJAN INFECTIONS EVER!!...MY WORK COMPUTER WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE WIPED CLEAN. wtf!!!

Probably not your fault...it was the AV Antivirus pop up virus/trojan. I have a roaming profile but for right now I am totally screwed.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

:shock: Glad I didn't click on it.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Deathstrike wrote:Easy. Go looking for people who want the title. Look at what happened with the Lakers a few years ago. Got Malone, Richmond, etc for nothing. Although they did not contribute much there are players that are willing to forgo the money for the title.

Among veterans who potentially could be added at the minimum level this offseason are Raja Bell, Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Devean George, Brian Skinner, Damien Wilkins, Trenton Hassell, Jarvis Hayes, Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling, Eddie House, Etan Thomas, Brad Miller, and Ime Udoka.

They just got Mike Miller, who chose Miami over LA. Personally, I would have saved money and got a Raja Bell, Flip Murray, or Ime Udoka. Then use the money on the C position...

PF – Chris Bosh
First: it was Malone & Patton, Richmond got his ring.

Second: I agree, that is a pretty good line-up. They might make a run, but Orlando & Boston have been there. Great talent doesn't win over night, it's going to take time to learn to play with each other. Then they'll need to learn how to win the east, something Lebron hasn't done with this team yet. Then the Finals are the same story, more learning.

Third: Lakers have the same opportunity to get a cheap Vet. Blake was the first willing to take the pay cut, maybe more to come. :wink:

Fourth: Kobe has been hurt & tired, next year he'll be a lot more effective. Artest is going to be stronger, after his nervous airhead won, next year he'll be better, I'll guarantee it. Bottom line, our starting 5 (9 w/Lamar, Walton, Sasha & Blake) is solid.

For fun: Bring back Shaq for minimum. He'll back up Bymun & Gasol. Also, side by side with either one will be amazing, all we need is 15 min a game from him.

Last but not least, GASOL!!!!!!!! By far the most underrated PF/C in the NBA, and getting better every year. This kid is going to challenge every PF/C in the league, and WIN.

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

I was just saying how easy it was for teams to get quality players on the cheap. Richmond, Payton, and Malone went to the Lakers for basically nothing. I remember the Trailblazers offering Payton quite a bit of cash ($30~ million contract, but he took the $1.1 mil offered by the Lakers so he could win the ring) Ironically the Lakers that year underachived, but Payton got a break when he signed with Miami and got the title.

BTW, Artest is awesome. He doesn't lie and has the best stories. The Gasol trade was one of the worse deals I've seen - it was a Kahn move. :lol: (I don't think anyone is underestimating his potency - he was already a star in Memphis)

No one is underestimating the Lakers. They have a stacked team and still won the title while underperforming. They are still the team to beat in the NBA. Just stating that it is possible to have a team with 3 max contract stars + decent talent. Whether they play good together is another story.
Beltamaxx wrote:
Deathstrike wrote:Easy. Go looking for people who want the title. Look at what happened with the Lakers a few years ago. Got Malone, Richmond, etc for nothing. Although they did not contribute much there are players that are willing to forgo the money for the title.

PF – Chris Bosh
First: it was Malone & Patton, Richmond got his ring.

Second: I agree, that is a pretty good line-up. They might make a run, but Orlando & Boston have been there. Great talent doesn't win over night, it's going to take time to learn to play with each other. Then they'll need to learn how to win the east, something Lebron hasn't done with this team yet. Then the Finals are the same story, more learning.

Third: Lakers have the same opportunity to get a cheap Vet. Blake was the first willing to take the pay cut, maybe more to come. :wink:

Fourth: Kobe has been hurt & tired, next year he'll be a lot more effective. Artest is going to be stronger, after his nervous airhead won, next year he'll be better, I'll guarantee it. Bottom line, our starting 5 (9 w/Lamar, Walton, Sasha & Blake) is solid.

For fun: Bring back Shaq for minimum. He'll back up Bymun & Gasol. Also, side by side with either one will be amazing, all we need is 15 min a game from him.

Last but not least, GASOL!!!!!!!! By far the most underrated PF/C in the NBA, and getting better every year. This kid is going to challenge every PF/C in the league, and WIN.
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

Beltamaxx wrote: Second: I agree, that is a pretty good line-up. They might make a run, but Orlando & Boston have been there. Great talent doesn't win over night, it's going to take time to learn to play with each other. Then they'll need to learn how to win the east, something Lebron hasn't done with this team yet. Then the Finals are the same story, more learning.
Wade has a ring and was series mvp. I believe it was overnight, I'm just sayin.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

ru_exp wrote:
ru_exp wrote:

WARDAD...I CLICKED ON THIS LINK & GOT ONE OF THE WORST TROJAN INFECTIONS EVER!!...MY WORK COMPUTER WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE WIPED CLEAN. wtf!!!

huh? Do you surf nekkid (?) All I did was google-searched the term "Quagmire cross country video" or something and that was one of the first links - I watched it with no problems, but I'm also using things like NOSCRIPT and ADBLOCK in firefox. Also using a program called PEERBLOCK and ZoneAlarm... I've yet to get any sh*t on my computer :( /link removed and - wow sorry RU (???)

I just clicked on it again and watched with no issues... :? No more links from me unless it's YouTube.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Cornfed wrote:
Beltamaxx wrote: Second: I agree, that is a pretty good line-up. They might make a run, but Orlando & Boston have been there. Great talent doesn't win over night, it's going to take time to learn to play with each other. Then they'll need to learn how to win the east, something Lebron hasn't done with this team yet. Then the Finals are the same story, more learning.
Wade has a ring and was series mvp. I believe it was overnight, I'm just sayin.
I'm not saying it isn't possible, chemistry is just hard to find & almost impossible to create. Especially with
3 Allstars who are use to being the go to guy.

Shaq & Kobe are a great example. We could have dominated for 4 or 5 title, but their ego's didn't let them.

Truthfully, I hope they make it work. I said from the beginning, the best NBA years were the Magic vs Bird years. These 2 made each other play at a higher level. Jordan was great, but a bit boring, because he never had a rival to challenge him every year. It's adversity that challenges your ability's and take these pro's to that higher level of play.

For example, Lakers vs Boston for the past 3yrs came to a peek this year in a game 7. That was great basketball, but Boston is a little old now to do it again. This is why I was hoping Lebron would stay on the East coast.