Worried about getting caught stealing music?

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Worried about getting caught stealing music?

Post by CTC-Darth »

If you have been worried about downloading music and the RIAA catching you, you don’t have to worry any more. No I am not talking about using PeerGuardian. That is a good tool and its better than nothing but I am talking about something totally legal. Most people in college know or should know about this by now. It’s called Ruckus. Its site that has a huge library of music that you can download for free and it’s legal and the bit rate is 192 kbps. While the library is huge, you might not see some a latest top tunes on it, but they are expanding it all the time they claim. There are a couple of catches though. You have to have an edu email address in order to register. If you are in college that should not be an issue. The other snag is you can’t burn any of the content to a cd. Well, that is if you don’t use a free tool called FairUse4Wm, which is easily found on the net, lol. This tool strips all the copyright protection and allows you to do whatever you want to do as far as “backing up” the music. This site is meant to be an answer for the music industry as far as a way to deal with all the illegal downloading going on in campuses around the country. It’s supported by its own banner adds, which seems to be working for now. If you are in school and didn’t know about it, you should get on it while it lasts.

http://www.ruckus.com/ruckus/home.do
Last edited by CTC-Darth on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

MLK
Dominating

Re: Worried about getting caught stealing music?

Post by MLK »

In all fairness, let's not forget to support the music that moves our lives... These are people, not simply a corporation. If you like it, buy it. At least do what you can.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

MLK
In all fairness, let's not forget to support the music that moves our lives... These are people, not simply a corporation. If you like it, buy it. At least do what you can.
I agree.

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Yes I agree , but this is a legal site that the music industry , including the RIAA, is supporting. Its something the music industry is making money from. Ruckus is paying them money and is generating it through banner ads. Its for students, so if you are a student then by all means take advantage of it, because you don't have to steal.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Great post Darth. I agree that artists should be supported. The RIAA are the biggest thiefs of the music industry anyhow. It really sucks that an artist who has real talent only gets pennies per album while the recording industry hordes the majority of the profit. We need a better way to cut out the middle man and allow artists to just get their music out and get paid fairly. The internet is a great medium of doing just that and the RIAA is doing everything they can to keep it from becoming standard... blah!
You just got knocked the smurf out!

«JP»
Flak monkey

Post by «JP» »

If an album is good I will buy an album. If 2 songs are good on the album I will not buy the album and retrieve the songs by other means.

Fear
Shock jockey

Post by Fear »

«JP» wrote:If an album is good I will buy an album. If 2 songs are good on the album I will not buy the album and retrieve the songs by other means.

Well said

{HOG}Dick~Cheney
Rocket spammer

Post by {HOG}Dick~Cheney »

Fear wrote:
«JP» wrote:If an album is good I will buy an album. If 2 songs are good on the album I will not buy the album and retrieve the songs by other means.

Well said
I agree.....
But i got two words.....Lime Wire!!!!!

LOL i get everything from there.....als we make it so we dont share with anyone!!!! that way i have No chance of getting caught...there probilly is but o well
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand granades!!!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

MLK wrote:In all fairness, let's not forget to support the music that moves our lives... These are people, not simply a corporation. If you like it, buy it. At least do what you can.
That's right! Or else how is Madonna supposed to put gas in her Maybach? I for one could not live with that on my conscience :?

MLK
Dominating

Post by MLK »

Mr Bean wrote:
MLK wrote:In all fairness, let's not forget to support the music that moves our lives... These are people, not simply a corporation. If you like it, buy it. At least do what you can.
That's right! Or else how is Madonna supposed to put gas in her Maybach? I for one could not live with that on my conscience :?
Read my post first before quoting it. If anything new by Madonna moves your life...lol. That's some empty-ass music. I think my post is very fair. If you NEVER ever buy music then you're not really a fan of the artist, you're just a leach. I burned a friend an Andrew Bird CD and she was like, "OMG I LOVE IT, can you burn me more?" "How about, go fuckin buy it."

It's funny you mention gas. It is no longer becoming viable for smaller bands to make a living.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/Mu ... cle/452042

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

MLK wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:
Read my post first before quoting it. If anything new by Madonna moves your life...lol. That's some empty-ass music. I think my post is very fair. If you NEVER ever buy music then you're not really a fan of the artist, you're just a leach. I burned a friend an Andrew Bird CD and she was like, "OMG I LOVE IT, can you burn me more?" "How about, go fuckin buy it."

It's funny you mention gas. It is no longer becoming viable for smaller bands to make a living.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/Mu ... cle/452042
What?? You act as if you sensed sarcasm in my post :( Relax bro... I was just EJ'ing you :P

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Mr Bean wrote: I was just EJ'ing you :P
new term for the lexicon? :P <3 E.J. i r kidding

MLK
Dominating

Post by MLK »

Mr Bean wrote:What?? You act as if you sensed sarcasm in my post :( Relax bro... I was just EJ'ing you :P
Lol, I know. I was just bringing up the bigger picture.