Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

WarDad71
Cock-docker

For the love of...

Post by WarDad71 »

...UT
Please, help!

Hokay - I reinstalled UT2k4 within last couple months - clean install...had no issues playing offline etc on LAN. I have a reasonable ping to the servers in TX - I'm not too far away...but for some reason on occasion (more regular lately) It's like someone ties the hose in a knot to my intarnats and I freeze up - run into walls - watch others run into walls... it's really annoying.

Would a reinstall help and, how/why would it matter. I've had comcast out in the last couple months to fix some of their stuff and I play other online games including MMOs with lotsa people on the same server with no issue (not much if any).

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: For the love of...

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

It's hard to say but I'd first consider the problem with your connection. Can you run a trace route and post the results here? Does it happen at night or in the day or both? Does it happen on any UT server or just on CTC? I have tons of problems with my connection, mostly at night. I'll lag out for 20 seconds or so, then come back and I'm either dead or standing somewhere else. If you need info on how to run a trace route to the CTC server, let me know.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

emc.johnnie
Killing Spree

Post by emc.johnnie »

yea, thats a cable connection problem. call 'em up and see whats the issue.....

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Do the boys have the same issue when you are all playing?

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

-T2- wrote:Do the boys have the same issue when you are all playing?
They did last night...at first I was thinking it was my cat 5 cable but they have been having same issues so more than likely Comcast or what Jim mentioned. I will run a trace route and see if I'm bottlenecking somewhere.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Run some speed tests and see if you are getting the speeds you are paying Comcast for. If not, I would look at replacing your cable modem. They don't last forever. With Comcast I was getting 6+ meg down with any speedtest before my modem started flaking out which took it to 2.2 meg down. Bought a new one and was back to 6+.

The router could be an issue also but you can bypass it temporarily and see by connecting your modem directly to your PC.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.speedtest.net/