9/11

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

rimmer59
Cock-docker

9/11

Post by rimmer59 »

I usually am not this serious...But let us all take a moment to remember the men and women who died on

September 11, 2001.

Please keep this thread serious...and tell your stories from 9/11.

What were you doing that morning...exetra.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
<{CTC}>rimmer59

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Re: 9/11

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

For me I just got off work and went home got I bite to eat and was going to watch some TV that morning, and every channel I turned to was news, and then I notice what was going on and was like WTH is this is this for real. :shock:

And we were supposed to go to California later that month or the beginning of the next month,
and with everything happening we decided to postpone for a few months.

And just before this all happen we just go back from the Philippines that year before in November.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I was pretty much in stunned silence all day.

RIP to the deceased.

All hail the Beef!

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

I was in my 12th grade geology class when they fliped on the tv and we spent the rest of the class watching. Then we were all let out for the day. Played a part in my decision to join the military.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Just got out of the shower and a business partner/friend that I was going to meet to run some appointments with knocked on the door and asked had I heard what was going on...we sat stunned in front of the T.V. for a long time.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

I was on my way to my 12th grade English class when I heard some of the talk on the radio.. I didn't really get it at the time. It sounded like an accident. When I got into class the TV was on the news and we found that it was much more tragic than originally thought. We just watched in awe.. tears streaming for the innocent people of New York.

I hope and pray with all of my being that, in some generation, we may find ourselves at peace, true peace. My heart goes out to all of our soldiers fallen and currently involved in this conflict. They are better men than myself.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

I walked into my 9th grade english class and my teacher had it on TV showing the towers were burning on the news.

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

Getting ready to leave for Calc II class, called my wife, born and raised in NYC, then started trying to get in touch with family members in the city, finally accounted for everyone at around 11pm. Wife cried on and off for many days.

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

R.I.P....
All will not be forgotten.
Remember the good memories, the smiles, the good times.
They live on in our memories.
~Angels bless~

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

i had just gotton out of the shower and was getting dressed for work. looked over at the tv and was like - wtf?

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

I had recess all day...so much for educating the youth

dude, wanna burn a koran

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

I remember waking up that morning at around 6:00am. Turned on the TV to look at the weather and traffic, but saw the footage. Thought it was some comedic routine by MADTV or Saturday Night Live being shown by the morning news shows. Got in the car with that mentality until I listened to the radio on the way to school...

I was in middle school. We had people talking over the intercom all day. We watched updates on TV and discussed the issues. Was a long day.
vapor wrote:I had recess all day...so much for educating the youth

dude, wanna burn a koran
Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Thank you for all of your comments....Now here is my story.
I was about 3 days into Kindergarten...When all of the teachers started to do (Fire drills/Lock-down drills.)
Then they made us evacuate the school. I was like "No school work to my friends in a whisper" But at the time I did not grasp how serious the situation was. When I got home Later in the day around 4:00 Turned on the TV and It was on the news channel. Looked at it showed a couple Pictures...did not connect the dots. Flipped it to Nickelodeon, Then hit the "return" key on the remote. Sat there in awe till' about 10:00. Could not go to sleep.
And that affected my decision to go into the USAF.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

My wife and I had just landed in DC the night before. We were staying at a hotel that was 1/2 mile from the pentagon. The next morning we got up and were getting ready to see the town while watching the news. The first plane hit and we were like 'oh wow, terrible accident'. Then the second one hit and we knew something was not right. We were supposed to take the train to NYC a couple days later. Then, we heard a HUGE explosion as the plane hit the pentagon. We went outside and saw a huge column of smoke and within minutes there was a stream of pentagon employees coming down the street in front of the hotel.

Needless to say we didn't go to NYC that trip, and that day was shot! But the very next day the museums and such were reopened and we were able to see what we came to see. It turned out okay but very surreal. The town was empty for that entire week.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

I was eating breakfast and it was on the tv. Didnt know it was a terrorist attack until later.

I remember just thinking "what the fuck" is going on. I thought maybe it was an accident or one fucked up individual.

It took me like a week before it really took affect on me. I remember all the little attention whoring fgts talking about how the american flag makes them cry and stupid shit like that. I couldnt stomach that stuff, I just saw it as seeking attention.

Anyway, it changed my perspective on a lot of things and really, in my mind, set the 2000's on a course to suck a ton of dick.