MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Watch out Cornfed!

Post by MikeFiend »

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Re: Watch out Cornfed!

Post by Cornfed »

We don't have coral snakes in the islands as far as I know, lots of rattlesnakes though, once when we went scuba diving about 3 miles from shore, we were anchored and suiting up, I looked over and saw a 4ft rattler swimming fast for the boat. It must have been in the water for awhile and looking for land, I grabbed the dive flagpole and used it to keep the snake from coming in thru the transom area. Could have been a bad scene if it had got in while we were diving.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Oh yeah, That could of turned out differently.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

corn ur my hero

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Way to Slay the Basilisk Cornfed. Make sure you got Harry Potter near by, and try not to get killed by Voldimort.
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

rimmer59 wrote:Way to Slay the Basilisk Cornfed. Make sure you got Harry Potter near by, and try not to get killed by Voldimort.
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
I did not say I slayed the critter, that would be illegal down here, only thing you can kill legally are iguanas.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

lol.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Iguanas? Really? Are there that many? That's nuts! I can't imagine a snake on my boat... What a flippin' disaster that would be.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I have only one close encounter with a Coral Snake when I was about 9.

Luckily I knew what I was looking at but not until I had almost stepped on it.

And Cornfed...I amazed a Rattler swam out so far! Especially in salt water. You should have killed it to put it out of it's misery.

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:Iguanas? Really? Are there that many? That's nuts! I can't imagine a snake on my boat... What a flippin' disaster that would be.
You can't imagine how many, the bitter cold last winter killed thousands but they've come back strong, when we go thru the canals you see hundreds, my neighbors and I use high powered .22 cal pellet rifles to kill them. The really big ones avoid my yard because the dogs kill them. When we lived in Panama, where they are native, there wasn't near as many because of natural predators, nothing eats them here and the tree huggers feed them all the time. They crap everywhere, you can't grow vegetables, and they don't fear humans. I hate them!!! This Youtube video of the Keys is all to true.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ku9a4kho6DI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ku9a4kho6DI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

Cornfed wrote:
CTC-JimRimya wrote:Iguanas? Really? Are there that many? That's nuts! I can't imagine a snake on my boat... What a flippin' disaster that would be.
You can't imagine how many, the bitter cold last winter killed thousands but they've come back strong, when we go thru the canals you see hundreds, my neighbors and I use high powered .22 cal pellet rifles to kill them. The really big ones avoid my yard because the dogs kill them. When we lived in Panama, where they are native, there wasn't near as many because of natural predators, nothing eats them here and the tree huggers feed them all the time. They crap everywhere, you can't grow vegetables, and they don't fear humans. I hate them!!! This Youtube video of the Keys is all to true.
iguana overflow is a solution not a problem...i know you wanna make some iguana stew

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

vapor wrote:iguana overflow is a solution not a problem...i know you wanna make some iguana stew
Wanna?

Recipes for iguana stew

http://floridakeystreasures.com/2009/05/03/iguana-stew/

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1918,15 ... 04,00.html

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

mmmmm, toasty.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I am surprised the eagles and hawks don't go after them. And too bad the Keys don't have very many constrictors roaming.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I lived in St. Augustine for a number of years and we had a different type of pest...

Being a kid with a lot of time and in need of an enemy worthy of my vitriol I was acutely interested in getting rid of these (and fire ants). Anyhow, I read that Iguanas are actually really good at managing pests like these. I'm wondering if getting rid of the Iguanas wouldn't introduce a greater problem...
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1