World Cup

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

World Cup

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Anyone been watching it? Its been fun watching when I can.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: World Cup

Post by ru_exp »

I record every match that I miss. I even tuned our conference room TV to the matches.

It's on!!!!

Great come back match by the US today.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

ru_exp wrote:I record every match that I miss. I even tuned our conference room TV to the matches.

It's on!!!!

We would've won except for the bad call.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

ru_exp wrote:I record every match that I miss. I even tuned our conference room TV to the matches.

It's on!!!!

I record every match i miss...o....wait.....im a lazy college student and get to watch them all live....but still record them...because ru records them and i want to be just like him

My thoughts so far:
Ha South Africa, first home team not to advance out of the group

Ha France, who would have thought firing your coach before the tournament but then letting him continue coaching would not yield results....

Ha Ronaldo is finally getting punished for being a whiny bitch

Maradona finally realized he can't coach and is just there to look cool, letting his old coach handle the tactics.

There is a reason the premier league, bundesliga, seria a, and primera leagues dont share refs. Germany and serbia with a ref from spain doesnt work, if fifa doesnt have standard guidelines for all referees regardless of league then germans get mad.

Also, if the refs from africa and asia were good, big leagues would hire them. A ref from the premier league could have blown that call in the US slovenia game on Edu, but Im going to blame the mistake on the ref being from a small league in Africa and being less qualified.

The north korea team doesnt actually have the great leader on the field guiding them....though that leader should consider letting the players leave the country to play in actual leagues...just a thought...and maybe bring in a coach that knows something, its not like bringing in someone like Guus didnt help other teams from asia....south korea might want to go back to that plan

Chelsea are geniuses, run all the players into the ground during the year so they are too exhausted to stay healthy during the world cup and will be fresh for the start of next year.

Im running out of thoughts while i watch the US finally play like they give a shit

England still is not as good as they think they are, though I love seeing steve mcmanaman get less and less confident. Hes gone from o ya go 3-0 for sure to maybe beat slovenia.

Diversity might be a good thing (in soccer not life). I have a theory that having all the players on a team play almost exclusively in their home country underachieve. Spain, England, North Korea, Germany, and Italy have all underachieved. Though this falls through with france but im blaming that on them being french. But netherlands, argentina, brazil and such all have their best players spread around the french ligue, bundesliga serie a, premier and primera have all played well (course their one or two games played total arent really telling so far but still)

Africa fails at making a good instrument. Annoying as shit. And when fifa considers banning the damn thing they complain about it being part of their heritage, the 50 cent plastic rod being part of their heritage....

People are stupid, at a sportsbar someone seriously thought mandela was that one guy who was that ceo guy in that batman movie.

Alexi Lalas is amazing, he subtely and not so subtely makes fun of people, is very frank, and sometimes has something intelligent to say. First good player turned analyst ever.

El Loco is the man, chile is about the only non-major team that actually plays aggresive and pushes offensively. It probably wont last, bc teams are rewarded for playing as conservative as possible (slovenia, switzerland, ALL OF ASIA) but still good for him he might be able to go back to argentina some day

Italy will return to being the boring monotonous amazing shit after they struggle through qualifying and cannavaro will still be starting when hes 50

The US needs to start up soccer academies in the inner city and recruit all the kids playing basketball. Imagine Dwight Howard in goal, Lebron going up for headers, chris johnson running down the wing, and ray lewis leveling someone in the midfield.

If anyone is interested in soccer, sports, economics, statistics, or anything and can read english read soccernomics it was pretty decent, its kind of like moneyball except for soccer

Im running out of thoughts, i should probably do something more productive.....

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

vapor wrote:

It's on!!!!

I record every match i miss...o....wait.....im a lazy college student and get to watch them all live....but still record them...because ru records them and i want to be just like him

My thoughts so far:
Ha South Africa, first home team not to advance out of the group

Ha France, who would have thought firing your coach before the tournament but then letting him continue coaching would not yield results....

Ha Ronaldo is finally getting punished for being a whiny bitch

Maradona finally realized he can't coach and is just there to look cool, letting his old coach handle the tactics.

There is a reason the premier league, bundesliga, seria a, and primera leagues dont share refs. Germany and serbia with a ref from spain doesnt work, if fifa doesnt have standard guidelines for all referees regardless of league then germans get mad.

Also, if the refs from africa and asia were good, big leagues would hire them. A ref from the premier league could have blown that call in the US slovenia game on Edu, but Im going to blame the mistake on the ref being from a small league in Africa and being less qualified.

The north korea team doesnt actually have the great leader on the field guiding them....though that leader should consider letting the players leave the country to play in actual leagues...just a thought...and maybe bring in a coach that knows something, its not like bringing in someone like Guus didnt help other teams from asia....south korea might want to go back to that plan

Chelsea are geniuses, run all the players into the ground during the year so they are too exhausted to stay healthy during the world cup and will be fresh for the start of next year.

Im running out of thoughts while i watch the US finally play like they give a shit

England still is not as good as they think they are, though I love seeing steve mcmanaman get less and less confident. Hes gone from o ya go 3-0 for sure to maybe beat slovenia.

Diversity might be a good thing (in soccer not life). I have a theory that having all the players on a team play almost exclusively in their home country underachieve. Spain, England, North Korea, Germany, and Italy have all underachieved. Though this falls through with france but im blaming that on them being french. But netherlands, argentina, brazil and such all have their best players spread around the french ligue, bundesliga serie a, premier and primera have all played well (course their one or two games played total arent really telling so far but still)

Africa fails at making a good instrument. Annoying as shit. And when fifa considers banning the damn thing they complain about it being part of their heritage, the 50 cent plastic rod being part of their heritage....

People are stupid, at a sportsbar someone seriously thought mandela was that one guy who was that ceo guy in that batman movie.

Alexi Lalas is amazing, he subtely and not so subtely makes fun of people, is very frank, and sometimes has something intelligent to say. First good player turned analyst ever.

El Loco is the man, chile is about the only non-major team that actually plays aggresive and pushes offensively. It probably wont last, bc teams are rewarded for playing as conservative as possible (slovenia, switzerland, ALL OF ASIA) but still good for him he might be able to go back to argentina some day

Italy will return to being the boring monotonous amazing shit after they struggle through qualifying and cannavaro will still be starting when hes 50

The US needs to start up soccer academies in the inner city and recruit all the kids playing basketball. Imagine Dwight Howard in goal, Lebron going up for headers, chris johnson running down the wing, and ray lewis leveling someone in the midfield.

If anyone is interested in soccer, sports, economics, statistics, or anything and can read english read soccernomics it was pretty decent, its kind of like moneyball except for soccer

Im running out of thoughts, i should probably do something more productive.....
Thank You for the commentary.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

anything for you

you should restructure the vent system to have a world cup chat section

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Okay...it's official, I love vapor. Not as much as badasp or T2 but just as much as Waist.

Definitely not as much as Killer or Bezim but more than anyone in meh.

And not as much as Ghosted I think.

Favorite statements:

Now...back to watching Ghana upset Australia.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

I found this and its funny.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B2LPxggvqY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B2LPxggvqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Very funny....

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Hooray for Team USA for winning Group C and for going to the Round of 16. :D

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Best of luck to the US Saturday. Lets beat Ghana

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Unfortunately I think this will be a repeat and the US luck is about to run out.

~*sigh*~

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

ru_exp wrote:Unfortunately I think this will be a repeat and the US luck is about to run out.

~*sigh*~
The US cant keep on giving goals

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Time for this midget to go home and scratch his nuts.