EVO 2009 - The Hype

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Deathstrike
Dominating

EVO 2009 - The Hype

Post by Deathstrike »

Was anybody watching the hype yesterday? Man the 5 on 5 Regional Tournament was awesome. One guy almost brought his team back by almost sweeping a whole region.

Today is the final day and all of the tournaments are coming to an end. I'm most interested in the BlazBlue tournament, new game in the US and one that I am doing quite well in my region. I would have gone, but classes and applications got my my way.

evo2k.com/live
One more job and then its rio for me. - Badasp (September 11, 2010)

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: EVO 2009 - The Hype

Post by Ghosted »

I don't really follow tournaments, but Soul Calibur 2 is on now. Any SC2 players here? Anyone planning on getting Tekken 6? I'm down for some matches if someone else wants to play.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

That's actually Soul Calibur 4. :D

Ahh I want to play right now. So many international players in the SCIV tournament.

I'm getting Tekken 6 later this year. I would not mind playing with you if you had a ps3. (All big tournaments use the ps3 version)

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Ug I meant SC4 :oops:

I have an XBOX (red-ringed atm), no PS3 :(

<trashtalk>
I guess it's better that way. I would have wrecked you so bad, left your mind in such tatters, your penis would have literally fallen off in disgust.
</trashtalk>

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I don't even understand what you guys are talking about.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Fighting games.

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

Haha KDZ vs Malek in the SCIV final. (US vs France)

Hype! Hype! Hype!

I almost forgot, you work for Microsoft. I have an Xbox360, but I have not bought a game for it since Halo 3.
The fighting game community is beter on the ps3, my console of choice for multiplatform fighting game. (larger community globally = more + better competition; all large fighting tournements use ps3 as the console of choice)

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Well working for M$ has little to do with it other than the discount I got on the XBOX (and I guess the games, any new Microsoft releases I get for $20 :) )

I tried SC4 online, but the latency really fucks up the game imo. I mostly played SC2, but was up to the point where I could beat the comp at it's highest level... you know where it would guard reverse *everything* you throw at it. Doesn't seem like you can't guard reverse online due to said latency. I don't know, to be honest what I used to love about fighting games was hanging out with a group of friends and trash talking as we ourselves got trashed on whatever. You don't really get that with random people online.

MacLeod
Flak monkey

Post by MacLeod »

tekken is great but it feels a little too arcadish i prefer virtue fighter. i have played them all since the first street fighter came out.

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

Ahh that Noel player. I want to play him. I thought it was a poor showing of skills for BlazBlue. (I guess it's bound to happen as the game was released around 15 days ago in the US)

SFIV finals is coming up right now! (No big announcement by the producer of SFIV, which sucks)
I'm hoping the West Coast wins this. West Coast has been big fails in all the different tournament games so far.

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

Woot!! Nice play by Sanford. It's going to be crazy if he end up winning the SFIV tournament. I'm happy with a win by Ed Ma or Sanford. (They are using my primary and secondary characters :lol: ) I'm tired of JWong and his poor attitude. ( I do realize it's done to psyche the opponent out, but it's just bad sportsmanship in the end when he dodges or does not really care for a handshake with the opponent. )

"Dan" from Japan made the mistake of not learning the console characters and paid with domination by the hands of a Cammy. Daigo hopefully has studied up after all the rumors. Hope he does not get owned as bad as "Dan", his training partner, certainly did.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

MacLeod wrote:tekken is great but it feels a little too arcadish i prefer virtue fighter. i have played them all since the first street fighter came out.
Tekken is the one game I became almost competitively good at (used to run arcades). I started playing with tekken 1 and at that time I couldn't stand virtua fighter and its floaty jumps. I still prefer tekken, though I'm decent with the munk from virtua fighter (put like 700hrs into him when i was unemployed for a while... :( )

Deathstrike
Dominating

Post by Deathstrike »

Wow wow wow?! That was total hype till the end!!!!! GOT TO WATCH THIS!!! (I have to admit it, JWong can put on a show)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1840331 <--Ahh, cannot embed flash.

1 hour 45min - Setup for Finals
1 hour 47min - Start of Finals
1 hour 51 min 10 sec - When the real fight begins (Jwong starts using Balrog)
1 hour 52min 32 sec - Hahaha USA! USA! USA!
1 hour 56 10 sec - Tense stuff
1 hour 57 29 sec - WTF?! He leaves the seat halfway through the game.
2 hour 04min 09 sec - Funny because it's so true (Pride = Ryu = Daigo vs Fight money = Balrog = JWong)
2 hour 11min - Hype! Hype! Hype!

Basically when JWong starts using Balrog, is when it's worth watching. (1 hour 51 min 10 sec)

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:I don't even understand what you guys are talking about.
Ditto. I'm getting bits and pieces here. I loved playing Mortal Kombat back in the day... guess that makes me old :lol: That DC comics vs MK seems pretty cool. Anybody played it?