New toy!

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

Zeus
Killing Spree

New toy!

Post by Zeus »

Bought myself a new toy today-

Glock Model 21, 45 Auto. Came with 3 13rd mag's. Also picked up a box of hollow points.

Now I gotta find a range so I can put a clip or two through it. :D
~E-8500 @ 3.5 | Xig S1283
~P5Q Pro | Asus 4850 TOP x2 CrossFireX
~4gb OCZ 6400 | 500gb Seagate 7200-11 32mb
~X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro | Corsair 650TX
~Antec Three Hundred | Scythe S-Flex SFF21D case fans x4
~Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 headphones

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: New toy!

Post by ru_exp »

Sweet: I had a Glock 19 but traded up to a Sig p226, .40 S&W.

My favorite semi automatic right now is the 3rd generation Springfield Armory XD .40 S&W. The action has been customized to near competition settings. Handles like dream and can shoot just about anything. I keep this one by the bed loaded with a mixture of ball shots and hollow tips.

Favorite pistol is a close tie between S&W 642 ultralight and my Ruger SP101 .357. Both have the Crimson Trace grips and they are nice as a concealed weapon, although the 642 is about a perfect pocket pistol. Both are dual action pistols that fire the high impact 38 special +P ammo quite nicely.

Shotgun...my baby is the Benelli M2, pistol grip custom. Sweet balance even with the pistol grip and the recoil feels like it's dancing in you hands.

As you can see, the .45's are nice but I love the continueous accuracy of the .40 cal. I personally find the Glocks are too light weight for the heavy ammo (.357, .45, etc...) IMO

Nice piece though...you should consider mixing your hollow tip with ball ammo. You would be better equipped for different conditions (i.e. shooting through car windshields, dry wall, wood, etc.)

Ammo is still pretty damn expensive with the "ban guns" nonsense that was spreading like wild fire.

:x

Zeus
Killing Spree

Post by Zeus »

Cool! Another gun nut. :D

I owned a Glock 22 40 S&W for a long time. Great round, accurate, lot's of juice behind it. I handled just about every handgun in the store today, I think they were getting tired of opening cases for me. :) I got my hands on the SIG's, HK's, Springfield's, Ruger's, Kimbers, Smith & Wesson and a Desert Eagle. I thought about getting another .40, but after handeling the 45 I changed my mind. I have really really big hands. The .40 cal Glock was felt right as far as grip length, but no as good as the 45 in width. The only other one that felt right in my hands was the Desert Eagle .50ae. Sighting down one of those things is like sighting down a 2x4. The Kimber's felt nice too. A little out of my price range though. They're like the swiss watches of the handgun world, with a price tag to match. The cheapest one that fit my hands was $1400. :shock:

Basically it came down to what fit my hand best as well as fit into my price range. Both the Desert Eagle and the Kimber's were over a grand. And face it, while a totally fuckin cool gun to own, the Desert Eagle is far from practical. I walked out with the Glock and a box of 50 Winchester Ranger "Law Enforcement" 230gr hollow points for $665.24. Being military I also got a $50 discount. No joke on ammo costs, the box of 50 was $69.99. Ball was cheaper of course, about half that. I was tryin to stay under $700 though.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

I am leaning toward these as my next purchases.

(Article/Review --> http://www.tactical-life.com/online/com ... -xd-m-9mm/ )

WTH has happened to the price of ammo?!? It is ridiculous.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

I, like Ru, prefer a little heavier hand gun. I have shot two different glocks, a .40 and a .45, and didn't like how it felt in my hand. Too top heavy I guess. This isn't to say that the glock is bad, because they are very popular. it just doesn't feel well to me.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

-T2- wrote:I am leaning toward these as my next purchases.

(Article/Review --> http://www.tactical-life.com/online/com ... -xd-m-9mm/ )

I highly recommend the XD, which was just voted gun of the year for 2009. The newest models are very nice...if you can swing it, get the .40 with the Heinie Tritium Night sights. You gonna love me and the gun for this...

-T2- wrote:

WTH has happened to the price of ammo?!? It is ridiculous.
You know man, there is nothing wrong with the Mossberg pumps. The have this one called the "Door Breacher". I love Benelli but I got is at a great price. Another very good choice is the Remington 870 which about the most customizable gun I know of...(AR 15's is about a close second but different breed altogether.)

Here's a secret for you my man, buy your ammo at Sports Authority sporting good stores. There never raised their price here in Houston. It cost me less to shoot high impact hollow tips at the range than it does buying ball ammo at the gun store.

Yep. :lol:

Zeus
Killing Spree

Post by Zeus »

I think my next purchase will be this-

Smith & Wesson Model 500.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y

2600lb-ft muzzle energy. A 44 mag is ~1000lb-ft. :shock:

Anyways, I took a pic of the Glock in my hand-

And for size reference, my mouse pad is 17" wide-

Schismfear
Shock jockey

Post by Schismfear »

That is one sexy hand you got there Yuckbutt. I wonder if the other hand is as good looking as the first!!! Hehe

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Yuck - You're a hairy booger! I don't know jack about guns, but imo that chrome S&W is lookin pretty sweet. I used to paintball a lot. I have an autococker marker with compressed air (versus CO2), 14" barrel, and a halo loader. It's not the fastest gun, but really accurate. I'd often take guys out with set ups costing 6 times what mine cost. Am I getting of topic? Sorry :oops:

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

How BadAss do you have to get Ru? It's bad enough your a martial arts expert, but now you have a shit load of guns too? Look out folks!!!
No...

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

this is why i sleep very well at night ! my bed mate is watching over me!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Dubya wrote:How BadAss do you have to get Ru? It's bad enough your a martial arts expert, but now you have a shit load of guns too? Look out folks!!!

You are too funny Dubya...I actually go into guns when I was younger and I have always been around them. My parents nor grandparents never locked theirs up...ever. We don't have kids but I do have a couple of gun safes for when we do have company stay over. The shotgun was purchased with my wife in mind. Sawed off 18" inch barrel. She may get the wind knocked out of her but she's not going to miss what she is aiming at.

I am not looking to kill anyone man, I just really enjoy sport shooting. I have a much better aim in real life that in game thank God. :oops:

Hell...I don't even hunt and that's a sin in Texas.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Dubya wrote:It's bad enough your a martial arts expert
Which style(s)?
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Cornfed
Holy sh*t!

Post by Cornfed »

I got tired of trying to conceal/carry my Glocks in the warm weather down here so I downsized to the wickedest pocket pistol I could find.

I carry it with Corbon +P+ hollowpoints and ball stacked, they cost over $1 a round but are worth it imo.

They won't do you a damn bit of good if you don't have it when needed.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Ghosted wrote:
Dubya wrote:It's bad enough your a martial arts expert
Which style(s)?
Choy Li Fut Kung Fu (27 yrs)

I also trained with Sifu Manny Reyes, Sr. at his Chinese Kenpo karate school in Haileah, FL. I was awarded an honorary 3rd degree Black Belt for teaching combat techniques there.

But all my life I have never claimed anything but Choy Li Fut Kung Fu. One style was enough for me... 8)