Banned

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Banned

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

So I wasted a couple minutes reading this thread and I STILL have no idea who the OP is talking about. Give us a name and I'll look into it. I have a lot more shit going on in my life to remember every asshat that comes through here and talks smack to get himself banned. Give me a name and I'll be more than happy to look into it and consider the situation.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

I could throw a name out there but I won't. Linkon, please PM Jim with the details.

Next.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Ghosted had a great suggestion.. PM Jim, Sal or Myself.. I have closed my mind of to any previous drama and would be happy to have someone back if they want to play.. There are a couple of people who will never be allowed back, but the perm bans there have nothing to do with aliasing..

We are always open minded though. I don't want to defend any rules. That is just the way we like it here. I know it sucks, but it truly has helped in most cases. We have been a lot more lenient as of late as long as the person that is changing their name is at least talking on the mic or letting people know who they are.

I can't remember the last time CTC has banned someone and we have had some pretty great months as of late.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

-Id- wrote:
lil Sin wrote:more then likely the rule follows 90 % of all servers in the 2k4 world?
Nah. As far as I can recall, this server and the BEL server (and maybe one other old, obscure VCTF server that I cannot remember) are the only servers that I have ever seen that have an aliasing rule.

The reason this rule seems to only appear in VCTF is because, somewhere down the road, someone implanted the idea into the heads of VCTF community members that aliasing is something only cheaters do so that they can hide. What they did not seem to realize was that most people alias because they think of a funny name, or to play anonymously on an off night, or to avoid drama, etc..

There is no harm in aliasing. Besides, like I mentioned before, with the whois command aliasing is hardly aliasing at all.
It's been the Rule since CTC started it's only there so you can get to know people and know
who you are playing with It's kind of hard to get to know someone if they keep changing there
name and if they don't want to know anyone here then maybe they should play some where else then.
And I agree with ghosted people need to stop making these forums and just PM the Admin's
on the matter.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Are we talking about?:

Kixxen (search)
Mustapha: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1268&hilit=Mustapha
Raijin: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1145
yuckbutt: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1190&hilit=banned
Darth: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=523&hilit=banned
Omicron: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=515&p=4849&hilit=banned#p4849
Hawk {imposter}: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=224
NinjaX53: search
Miasma: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=523&hilit=banned
Espi (search)
{V][M}$ui[cid]e: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=365&hilit=banned

or some other innocent soul? :(

Just being nosy, but I hate the suspense of not knowing... :|

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

First off I hate PMing admins (numerous reasons and stories) so ill just say his name he was using

"Raijin"

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

i was just on a ons server the other day and the same issue was being disputed, ive played on maybe 5 or 6 servers and all being 2k4 i am thinking the aliasing pisses alot of players and admin off?

i will have to reg. with the other servers forums to read the rules !

CTC server cant be the only server that has no aliasing? specially since the ons server i was on was bitchen about the same thing!

well none the less does it really matter? just play and respect servers rules and have fun !
Last edited by lil Sin on Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

Heres a list of servers that do not have the rule or that do but its not enforced because of its stupidity (YAY!!)
And yes this aliasing rule does piss alot of people off except for the "community oriented buddy buddy type of people" or "for the skilless who think that anyone that alias hacks" which is completly wrong

ONS

UMG - Not Used
UMG2 - Not USed
Death Warrent - Not Used
OMNIPOTENCE - Not Used
UT PUB VETS - NOT USED
Numorus other servers that I can't remember the names atm

Ect Ect Ect

TAM

Exiled Clan Server - Never Used
KhZ Server - Never Used
[YS] Server - Never Used
Taminator - Never Used

Ect Ect ECT!
No matter where you go you will find this rule 1/100

Which Server where you on last night Sin? If I remember correctly was it not the OMNI server, i think i saw you their because i was under a alias :O

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Linkon wrote:Heres a list of servers that do not have the rule or that do but its not enforced because of its stupidity (YAY!!)
And yes this aliasing rule does piss alot of people off except for the "community oriented buddy buddy type of people" or "for the skilless who think that anyone that alias hacks" which is completly wrong

ONS

UMG - Not Used
UMG2 - Not USed
Death Warrent - Not Used
OMNIPOTENCE - Not Used
UT PUB VETS - NOT USED
Numorus other servers that I can't remember the names atm

Ect Ect Ect

TAM

Exiled Clan Server - Never Used
KhZ Server - Never Used
[YS] Server - Never Used
Taminator - Never Used

Ect Ect ECT!
No matter where you go you will find this rule 1/100

Which Server where you on last night Sin? If I remember correctly was it not the OMNI server, i think i saw you their because i was under a alias :O

well im thinking the ons server i was on was umg its the 1 heavyj brought me to not sure of the name? i switched teams and then everyone stopped bitchen about aliasing and started frikn yelling at me all i wanted was to be on the same team as heavyj :D
Last edited by lil Sin on Fri May 29, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

Linkon wrote:First off I hate PMing admins (numerous reasons and stories) so ill just say his name he was using

"Raijin"
well duh!

uNbanKixXen!NOOBS! = unban kixxen? why? wasnt he caught with a black listed file on the VM server?

whatever.....
CTC-JimRimya wrote:To clarify what happened with Kixxen:
Kixxen was found on the VM server with some hack, detected by AntiTcc. I don't remember if it was a radar or an aimbot or what, but it was valid and he was banned from VM. I guess at the same time he left or was asked to leave VoR. I don't know the particulars about that, but he is no longer with VoR. So, someone who is a known hacker is going to get banned here, and that's what I did with Kixxen.

Regarding Raijin: You could have handled this differently. Yes, we don't like aliasers, but as you can see by your long list of names, we don't enforce it to harshly, and that's why we let you play here for so long. But you pushed it over the edge with this post and with some of your aliases. If you want your friend to be unbanned, you should have sent an email to an admin or a PM here so we could discuss it.

Thank you to everyone else for your support.
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:24 pm
Last edited by WeedVulture on Fri May 29, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

I have no idea what that is but Ill ask him when he gets on Weed...

He is a part of the competitive community, so he has gone through every anti-cheat software in the book so i don't see the problem. and as for his name changing and thrashing the server he did not say anything so that goes out the window.

Ya must be UMG because I have seen heavy their before, I know the owner of that server to well I could have him come down and say how stupid a rule the aliasing thing is...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Raijin wasn't banned because he was aliasing. He was banned for being annoying. Like Smurf said, we hardly ban peeps for aliasing, and when we do, they agree to stop and it's all good. I'll look into it and at the moment I'm leaning towards unbanning him.

Linkin, your repeated comments of how stupid the no-aliasing rule aren't helping your cause here... yeah, I get it; you don't like the rule.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Odin
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Odin »

If I'm not mistaken Raijin was banned for other reasons, not just for aliasing. Being annoying or something, I don't really remember.

Edit: Oh i c

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:Linkin, your repeated comments of how stupid the no-aliasing rule aren't helping your cause here... yeah, I get it; you don't like the rule.
Linkon please and thank you

Alright now that that is cleared up please unban him, its a very sad thing to see someone perma banned for breaking a simple rule as ailiasing while other members of your community seem to get away with it fine.

and annoying as he might be sometimes the constant spam of voidnull and other CTC members in game make it almost unbearable. I don't understand why he was singled out and banned while members of your own community "ALias" and "constantly spam text"

and admin to admin chat jim and smurf perma-banning someone is for one thing only: hacking and cheating, nothing else

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!
PENIS PENIS PENIS!