Hi, I'm Trout

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

KillgoreTrout
Rocket spammer

Hi, I'm Trout

Post by KillgoreTrout »

Hi,
I'm Killgore Trout, some of you may already know me from my days hanging out at WGS or even back further when I was with UBB in the ut99 days.

Tigger found me playing with my self on bloody-hells revamped WGS server and pulled me in. I'll see you guys in the game.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Re: Hi, I'm Trout

Post by WarDad71 »

Allo Killgore, nice to make your acquaintance. 8)

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Welcome... We already have a KilgoreTrout here... so what's your story?
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Interesting. I used to play on the WGS server throughout most of 2003 and part of 2004 and never saw a KilgoreTrout there. Maybe you didnt play there then or did you use another name?

Kilgore_Trout
Goo sniper

Post by Kilgore_Trout »

I like your name

KillgoreTrout
Rocket spammer

Post by KillgoreTrout »

Really, another KillgoreTrout?? Thats ok, just call me Trout...
I've had that handle way back since 2002 with UT99. I didn't find WGS until about 2005 when my clan broke up and I was wandering aimlessly from server to server. WGS has since moved away from UT04 to Quakewars, then UT3 and now its just a shell of its former awesomeness.

I got the Kilgore Trout from the Sci-fi writer Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and that I like Lt. Colonel Kilgore from Apocalypse Now. So I put an extra L in Kill-gore and there you have it. Trout was used for short and I've been using that since the clan died. Plus people feel more embarrassed after getting owned by a fish lolz.

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Ah ok. Well, welcome to the server and look forward to gg's. When I was gaming in WGS it was a matrix move server and CV Roy was the mod king. Sorry to hear its not doing so well.

Kilgore_Trout
Goo sniper

Post by Kilgore_Trout »

Lt. Killgore. I remember you

KillgoreTrout
Rocket spammer

Post by KillgoreTrout »

Yah, I forgot that I did play as LTKillgore for a while before just going as Trout...

Anywho, as I played the other day it was very fun and reminiscent to the old WGS days as a few of the maps were the same. That and the nearly full server made for some tough flag capturing. Manta runs a a bit more prevalent then they were on WGS. It was more of a macho thing then anything else. They were looked upon as being too easy and a truly great flag runner doesn't need it. That and CV sped up the arvils a bit more making it harder to get the manta close anyways, especially on desert combat.

I like the large player count as WGS had shrunk so much that a lot of the truly great larger maps such as Action City were just unplayable with just the few people that were left. Here it was just like old times... There also seems to be a good amount of team work going on as opposed to the ever annoying flag whoring.

The only thing that I truly miss is that matrix moves. After years of use, its become second nature so it has been a great adjustment coming here since movement is a lot more sluggish and the double tap dodge timing is way different. That and the wall walking thing opened up a lot more playable surface area to each map that was a lot of fun. I miss that too.

But regardless, when I need my 04 fix I know now have CTC on my favorites list. See you all on the inside.

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

I know what you are talking about! I was a matrix move addict and its cool to have some one here that was into that. It was so fast and furious. But now I really like what we used to call "vanilla" UT without all the extra mods. I think once you get into it, you will get even more addicted to the CTC server.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I can relate... kind of. I was really into RPG VCTF. Yeah, it felt very vanilla when I first came here.

Dick-Cheney
Dominating

Post by Dick-Cheney »

nice to meet you...never played you though
http://www.looncraneheron.com/ < my new work in progress

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Mr Bean wrote:I can relate... kind of. I was really into RPG VCTF. Yeah, it felt very vanilla when I first came here.
Yup, but whats that old saying? Something like "once you go vanilla you dont go ...." , hmmm cant remember the rest of it. Oh well. :?

emc.johnnie
Killing Spree

Post by emc.johnnie »

welcome old friend! we welcome you with arms extended.......Image

KillgoreTrout
Rocket spammer

Post by KillgoreTrout »

oh snap its Johnnie...
Been wondering were you went off too.
Good to see a familiar face around here, see ya on the server.